1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC factory reconditioning service

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tj303, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tj303

tj303 Member

Has anybody used the MEC reconditioning service? Good or bad experiences with work, turn around, and cost? After tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of reloads my MEC 9000 is needing a rebuild beyond my capabilities. Thanks, Tony J

Edited 2/3/12 Bad things happen when the fuse doesn't blow.

tj303_2008_03033.jpg

2. jhunts

jhunts Active Member

Service was good. I do not remember exactly how long it took, but inside 2 weeks seems about right.

They set it up to the load I requested.

I wouldn't hesitate to send it in.

John

3. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

They used to do this right at the Grand in Vandalia. That was a really nice service. Drop it off when you got there and pick it up before you headed home. No shipping charges and presses ain't exactly light. They did do a nice job.

JK

4. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Years ago, Mec would come to the Waukesha state shoot and we could drop off our Mec reloaders and Mec would fix them at no charge. Obviously things have changed, but they are a good company with good employees.
    Steve Balistreri

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Tony, They are the best!!! I would send them mine in a minute If I could not get it fixed with their help over the phone. They have helped me, two different times over the years after I bought a used loader from someone that needed abit of work done to it. LOL. Good Luck and break em all Jeff

6. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I well remember those days at the Grand & WIS state shoot. Did it same day if you asked politely & had a good reason.

7. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

I sent my Mec 9000 in to Mec almost 2 weeks ago for a total reconditioning. I got the thing used and have loaded about 15,000 shells on it and the crimp starter housing broke in half. I sent it back to them to have them go over it completely. When I get it back, I will let you know how it worked out.

Oscar

8. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Mayville Engineering is 20 miles from my house, and I have a Hornady. From what I heard they are a employee owned company. There service is second to none.

My Father inlaw brought his 9000 in for a check-up and repair of some worn parts to the shop in the Mayville plant. He had stated that MEC was the only reloader he had ever owned. The guy behind the counter told him to have a seat, and it would be 10 minutes or so. He took the loader in back and replaced a few worn parts, cleaned the loader and re-lubed it. Came out with the loader, set it on the counter. "There you go sir, good as new". Father inlaw asked, "How much"? He replied, "Have a nice day, and thanks for being a loyal MEC customer". Of course he called me on his way home to tell me. Jon

9. Beni

Beni Member

mec said 65.00 hr. + parts and shipping........good luck beni

10. tj303

tj303 Member

11. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

I got my Mec 9000 back from Mec today. It was 10 days from the time they received it. It was fixed and adjusted to my load and parts that I did not know were missing were replaced. I am a happy camper

THANK YOU MEC!!!!!

Oscar

12. rdf59

rdf59 Member

MEC will "lead you by the hand" through a phone call and fix 90% (?) of your problems. They are phenominal with their phone help. If you are a Packer Fan, that doesn't hurt. They live and die the Pack.

13. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

I felt like I had a hot line to MEC the first year I started reloading, they can walk you through anything, and if something is still question they will tell you what parts need replaced.

If I can fix it with help from them I am sure you can also

Deb

14. cueguy

cueguy Member

Being a WI native and was living 30 min from MEC when I lived there, it was very convenient. I have 3 9000G'g and 2 9000H's. It has been 9 years since I moved to KY and I visit WI from time to time and also do the WI state shoot. I take mine either to the state shoot or to the factory. I have had minor stuff done for free from time to time and don't mind paying for it though. I have always found the service to be top notch. I do make sure that they load 25 shells with my wads, hulls, primers, etc. They always honor my request on that. Nubs Wagner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
jobs repairing mec reloaders
mec 9000 reconditioning

mec 9000 repair service

mec factory reconditioning
mec loaders customer ervice

mec reloader repair service

mec reloaders customer service
service on mec reloaders