1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC charge bars

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wm rike, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wm rike

wm rike Member

Got tons of MEC charge bars and bushings, but recently I found I needed still another new bar for something or other. The new bar came with a white plastic insert that I guess is intended to reduce the incidence of shot shearing. What it actually does is make the bar stick in the carrier. I ended up having to use a short length of wood to knock the thing back to battery. Can any of you out there offer suggestions for a cure?

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Take it out and rub it on a piece of fine sand paper placed on a flat surface. Just take a little off replace in bar and lube the bar with a little bit of paste wax applied to the bar with your finger. HMB

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Leave out the grommet on both bottles, and use the PC baffle. Look at the picture and you will notice the Spring anchor has been shimmed to strengthen spring, and witness mark has been added to press.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Another view of a Mec set up for minimum problems.Shims for Spring anchor are more obvious in this photo.

5. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Get a universal bar and a baffle and forgetaboutit.

6. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

Ditto on the Universal charge bar. Nothing like it. Nubs Wagner.

7. wm rike

wm rike Member

Thanks, guys. The simple expedient proved to be removing the black rubber washer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.