1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC charge bars dropping light shot load

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CDC, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CDC

CDC TS Member

I started shooting again after a long layoff(30years),my how things have
    changed $$$.Just aquired a couple of MEC reloaders-a 600jr.and a 650 progressive.The problem that Iam having is that the charge bars are
    trying to shear shot pellets when the bar is moved to drop the shot.
    When this happens the drop is light beacuse a number of pallets are
    left on top of the bar.The 650jr.has the old style bars without the
    rubber inserts,the 650 has bars with rubber inserts,both are doing the same thing (using 7 1/2 shot).Called Grafs this morning and was told to just live with it because the bars were sized using #8 shot.What modifications can
    be made with out going to a universal charge bar.

Thanks,CDC
    P.S. Great website.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Before putting the shot in the machine put a few pounds in a two litre plastic soda bottle with a teaspoon of powdered graphite and shake well before using. HMB

3. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

MEC said the bars are made for chilled shot,volume should be the same with magnum shot. I don't think I would worry about 4 or 5 pellets.....GOOD LUCK

4. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

My experience is the MEC bars are sized with #9 chilled shot. I shoot a lot of skeet and I have had to open up my MEC bars to drop a full load of 9's with hard shot.

Jim Skeel

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Welcome to the 1 1/16 oz club (it may say 302-118 on the bar, but it ought to read 302-1116). There is a large membership. If you want to really warp your mind, weigh out the shot load in a WW Superhandicap and compare it to what yours is throwing.

It's good to know you're actually weighing your charges (powder too), that's the important thing. I wouldn't be that anxious to get a universal charge bar either since you have to manually move the bar from side to side. Wait until you get a Grabber or a 9000. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
charge bar dropping light
mec 302 shot bar bismute loads
mec 9000 charge bar drops light shot load
mec charge bar 302 138 steel shot drop
mec charge bar drop light
mec charge bar throwing a light charge of shot

mec shot bar dropping to light

mec shot charge light