1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC bushing inside diameters

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by leftex, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leftex

leftex Active Member

Is there a chart available the lists the ID's of MEC powder bushings. I have an adapter which allows the use of MEC bushings in my 366. If I knew the ID of the MEC bushings I would know if there are any that would fill the gaps in my Hornady bushing collection.
    Thanks,
    Wayne

2. dverna

dverna Active Member

I used a caliper to measure mine and used an engraver to scribe the sizes on them. Note: the MEC bushings marked say #29 do not all measure the same.

I takes a few minutes and saves time when dialing in a load.

Don Verna

3. Erik W

Erik W Member

Something else to worry about....mismarked or irregular MEC bushings. I always weigh first few charges on new set-up, but when I am going back to "proven" load and need to change bushing, I just grab one of maybe 3 of appropriate # in parts box and usually don't re-weigh. No problems so far, but....

4. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I asked the same thing probably 2 years ago and someone here on trapshooters emailed me a chart that he had been working on. He also had Hornady and PW. If you either post your email or PM it to me I can forward the chart to you.

Josh

5. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

I agree with Don. I bought a 20 dollar dial caliper and mic the inside of all my bushings but I use a sharpie marker and write the diameter on the outside of the bushing. I have a board hanging up above my loader with short pegs to hang my bushings on from smallest to largest.Works great.

6. leftex

leftex Active Member

Let's try this another way. I think maybe I need a #20 bushing. What is the ID of a #20 bushing? I don't have one to measure. If I had I would have measured and marked it.

Thanks,
    Wayne

7. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

WOW, thats going to be small. I never had any bushings below a # 24 and that is .390

Never loaded below # 26 myself, for anything.

8. leftex

leftex Active Member

20 ga.

9. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

OK, makes more sense now-sorry. I'm all 12 ga.

Can't help with anything smaller.

10. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

I tried to copy & paste mec chart for you-hope it works-try the web site URL

11. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have a hand written chart on my wall with all my bushings-MEC. with each bushing I have labled the powder and the weight of the powders I have used. I always check several loads in each new batch of, or new jug of, powder in the first box. After that small test If evrything is ok I don't check further. No problems ever. Over 20 years I have found differences but, very minor and seldom.

12. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I emailed you the chart.

Hope it helps, Josh.

BTW, #20 bushing is .359"

13. leftex

leftex Active Member

Josh,

Thanks, this is great.

Wayne

14. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Heck,I looked the other day & found I have a #07 MEC bushing. It mikes .249. I like to use it for 3/16 oz 12 ga loads. HA!!!

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

we don't need no steenking booshings. Viva dial bar.

FYI if the mec chart says 18.0 of red dot for a 32, you will get the same out of whichever loader you put it in.

Bushings deliver a VOLUME of powder, weight is incidental. The same bushing will give more powder in a single stage loader because you thump it 5 times before you empty it.

HM

16. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Find a Hornady bushing chart..the # on the Hornady bushings are actually the I.D. decimal equivalent. Makes for a quick match-up to Mec bushings but to work without a scale is not the best idea. A quick readout from a scale will keep you safe.

Big Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
diameter of mec bushings
id dimention for mec bushings
inside diameter of mec powder bushing

mec bushing diameters

mec bushing internal diameter
powder bushing decimal equivalents
what is the inside diameter of mec powder buhings