1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec Bushing # for Win473AA & Win452AA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ramshot, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramshot

Ramshot TS Member

Hello, just bought some Winchester 473AA and 452AA powder and seen on a
    old AA wad box that 25grs of 473AA for 1 1/8 and 19.5grs & 20.5grs for 452AA
    are recommended. What bushing numbers will throw the powder charges I mentioned for the MEC shotshell bushing chart? They are older powders but I got eight 1 lbs tins each for $75 off an old trapshooter who gave it up. Thanks for any info. Darrell Bennett BC,Canada

2. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Use your scale!

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

The right answer can only be found by using a scale. You DO have one, right?

Ed

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The bushing chart probably has several folds in the paper. Those are to fold the chart up and see if you can hit the trash can with it. USE A SCALE. Kidding aside, the chart should give you a good guestimate of which bushings you might start with testing in your search for the RIGHT one......:Bob Dodd

5. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

There is the Mec bushing chart for you. I don't know whether your powder is on the chart or not, but have a gander.

6. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Darrell, I have loaded tens of thousands of win, rem,fed shells with 452AA. I have never used more than 18.2 or 18.5 grains. It is now called Super Target. I have used a PW 800B since 1976 and just recently bought a used Mec sizemaster to experiment with some 1oz loads. I think you will like the ball powder. Larry Evans

7. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Pick a large bushing to start with, weigh the charge and go up or down from their. NEVER rely on a bushing chart as gospel. They're a staring place and a good scale will tell you when you get there.

8. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

I'll search for an old Win guide when I get home.

Jason

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Bushings throw different depending on what machine they are in, and how much lawsuit protection the maker wants.

Use a scale.

HM

10. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

From 14th ed of Win Reloading Components Catalog. These should give you a good starting point.

473 MEC #30 bushing 24.7 gr

452 MEC #29 bushing 19.6 gr (edited s/b #29 bushing)

Make sure you verify a bunch drops with a scale in the beginning and every now and then during the loading session.

Jason

11. Newfoundlander

Newfoundlander Member

I am using a MEC #29 bushing which drops 19.3 gr. of 452AA consistantly...

I am finding that this recipie is great for 1 OZ loads in AA hulls with AA12SL wad and W209 primer...

I am now experimenting with WSL ( Winchester Super Light ) powder which is another of my favorite charge from the past..

It's too bad that Winchester has changed from these great powders , go figure..

Robert Appleby
    ( Newfoundlander )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

452aa mech bushing chart

mec bushing for wsl

mec powder bushing chart 473 aa

mec powder bushing chart for 473aa

mec powder bushing winchester 452

mec powder bushings by thousands