1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec Bushing 20/28

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Todd1, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd1

Todd1 TS Member

What number Mec powder bushing should I use with 20/28 powder for a 28 gauge? I am using a Mec 9000G. Would like to get around 13gr. of powder.

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Todd, get a scale and weigh it. It's the only safe way to really know. Never rely on word of mouth or bushing charts when loading powder.

3. randy-s

randy-s Member

The link above should take you to the Alliant Reloader's Guide. The info you need is on page 17. Check drops with scale to insure proper loads.

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I've seen RECOMMENDED bushings be two off. Always use a scale...

A Jr will drop different than a Progressive.

5. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

Setterman gives good advice - always check bushings with a scale - so many things can impact powder drop - Powder Type and Lot# of the Powder - etc etc - And - how you operate the handle of your 9000G can impact powder drop amount and consistency too.
    I use a 9000H – I have found that the Hydraulic machines give powder drops a little lighter than a hand power machine but slightly more consistent for me –
    For me – in my machine – I have found Aliant 2028 to give very consistent drops and to be an excellent powder in the 20 and 28 gauge guns.
    For the 28 gauge I use a #16 MEC bushing and my #16 bushing drops 13.1 (plus or minus 0.1 grains) of 2028 from my 9000H – This in no way means that is the result you will get – Just what my bushing does in my machine.

6. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Please read the warnings above. Nothing to mess with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec bushing chart for 20 28

mec powder bushing for alliant 20 28

what mec bushing for 28 gauge