1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC Brass Washer Position?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dougbbbb, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Under

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

with the three radius points facing up toward the bottles. Break-em all. Jeff

3. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The brass washer goes under the rubber washer. The concave side of the brass washer goes up.

You should reconsider using a powder baffle. I like the one from Multi-Scale because it has a spring loaded collar that presses on the rubber washer and this keeps the brass washer in contact with the bar. The Multi-Scale baffle is the one made of pot metal with the red ring in the middle. It is available from Midway USA their part number 393396 for $14.79.

Jim Skeel

4. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

If you have not tried the Pattern Control red plastic baffle, I suggest you give it a try. The spring loaded neck is long enough that you do not use the rubber grommet nor the brass washer.

Jason

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Ditto Rick Barker. Never saw any sort of improvement in my gear and can't really imagine what it would improve; again, in my gear........breakemall.....Bob Dodd

6. Eyemissum

Eyemissum TS Member

Try reloading .410's with a ball powder such as 296 or H110 or WC820 an you'll see the need very quickly for the PC powder baffle. Without it you'll have powder migration an the charge bar will bind up an not move.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec brass grommet position

mec brass washer
pattern control red plastic powder baffle vs multiscale