1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC Bottle Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mark425, Aug 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Any problem using the large bottle (same as shot) on the powder side with my MEC9000? I use a red PC baffle and flake powders.

Thanks

2. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

MEC calls them Shot Containers 12", only provide one with their loaders, and show them only on the shot drop side of their loaders. I wonder why?

Red PC baffles do a great job of reducing leaking with fine grained powders. You are using flake powders so leaking isn't a problem.

Red PC baffles do squat to reduce powder drop variance. In fact, with big flake powders they may even make it worse.

3. Bridger

Bridger Member

You can use it of course but why? The last I knew you could use the two liter coke or pepsi bottle if you want to go wild on the shot side. All of this is likely to just cause problems at some point. I just stick with the way it is designed to work. As a side note, these bottles need to be replaced every 20 years or so...don't ask me why I know this.

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Mark, as said above their is no reason at all for you to use the powder baffle!!!. Yes you can use both tall bottles if you like. If you do I suggest you buy the Mec Bottle Support as well. This will keep your bottles from breaking and spilling shot all over the place. On a side note, I find I have more varying powder and shot drops when I use the taller bottles and run them from top to bottom. I do like to use two bottles the same height as to make it easyier to fill with Mec's funnel, so I use the small ones and can save the 25 dollars for the bottle support as well. I refill bottles every 100 shells with the primers at the same time. This makes the best most consistant load I can make. I want quality over quantity. Your choice, and now you have more info. Break-em all. Jeff

5. psfive

psfive Member

I use the tall bottles on both sides with a powder baffle for the powder. I also use the bottle support. All of my powder and shot drop variances disappeared when I started using the adjustable charge bars. Paul

6. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

hey Bridger - I bet you know for the same reason I know :)

7. capvan

capvan Active Member

I use the giant add-on bottle available. Can't remember the name of the company, but it is very secure, holds 25 lb. and has a drain. Really, really like it. I switched the former shot bottle over to the powder side. With the large primer feed, I only have to stop every 200 shells.

Capvan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec bottle support home made