1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec bar lock question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by newcastle, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newcastle

newcastle Member

Hi, does anyone know how adjust the mec bar release/lock on a mec 9000, I have my primer tube set pretty low so the primers seat deep enough. the problem is it will release the bar now at all times weather I have a shell in the reloader or not. I know it has something to do with primer pressure but if I move the tube up they will not seat deep enough and catch when the reloader advances. Thanks

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Take a needle nose pliers and bend the tab under the spring that operates the latch to suit your primer seating adjustment.

HM

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

You've adjusted the powder drop tube down too far. Move it up till the lock works. Hap

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Hap, you're right in a way. If the clamp on the powder drop tube has more than an eighth of an inch clearance (when the handle is down, priming a shell) it could be down too far. Once the primer is properly seated there is no need for further pressure.

It has to seat the primer positively, hence the 1/8 or so of movement after primer seating. If the primer is seated well, and the clamp is not going up a lot, The final say on the latch mechanism is in the tab located under the spring on the drop tube.

I have ben known to do a bit of bending due to loading shells with a different bottom thickness.

HM

Simple obsrvation while working the loader will tellyou its purpose, and a tweak with a pliers will have it working marvelously.

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

HM, I based my answer on what he said;

"I have my primer tube set pretty low so the primers seat deep enough."

I just thought he was attempting to make too sure the primer seated and moved it down too far.

Hap

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Use the tilt feature of the bottles/charge bar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.