1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec automate trouble

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RAScott, Jun 18, 2013.

1. RAScott

RAScott Member

I have been using a mec auto electric operated 9000G. it has been working great, I recently had a problem with a shell getting stuck on the down stroke then all hell broke loose.
    I got it back to the home position. cleaned up alittle and started another shell. a grinding noise came out, and the reloader stopped, 3/4 way down, I blew a fuse, I got it back to home, and no light, replaced the fuse the light lit up.After rotating the wheel under the unit to about home position nothing? any ideas? my manual doesn't have a trouble shooting section. there is a loose plastic nut and bolt on the wheel under the loader. Any ideas to fix this.
    Bob S

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

senmd it to MEC

3. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

The loose plastic nut may be the problem. You should be able to see a mark on the wheel where it was originally. Tighten it back in that poosition and you may be good to go. Ron

4. RAScott

RAScott Member

Ok after investigating the problem the wheel has a set screw wich must have become loose, and the wheel moved either in or out allowing the plastic cap nut with a strong tiny magnet in it to move too close and rubbed on a bolt.
    Causing it to tear out, so i will need to replace that. and see where it goes from there.

5. LDAddi

LDAddi TS Member

That nut & bolt on the drive wheel is a magnetic indicator that trips the timing on the machine, and is also fairly fragile. MEC can give you the specs to locate this device in the slot on the wheel. Kind of like timing an engine.

Hope this helps...

Larry

6. Mountainsteve

Mountainsteve Member

Call Mec. They are great and will help you through your problem.

7. In plain view

In plain view Member

Rascott: Don't give up and be patient with the automate. I have one and got off to a bad start recently. In using the automate there is one thing I learned very quickly. It's like a woman, you have to be gentle with it or it's going to give you all kinds of hell. When I started I was blowing fuses left and right. Had to go to Radio Shack and buy a hand full. The automate will blow a fuse any time there is a problem on the downstroke. Wad guide catching the edge of a hull will blow a fuse. Next thing you have to wrestle with is getting the machine back to the top so both lights will come on again. You will, on most cases, have to keep pulling on the big wheel in the back in order to get the lights on. My next problem was a "grinding" type noise about every other shell. Inspecting the big wheel is where I noticed the wheel itself was loose. As luck would have it the company I purchashed it from was a MEC factory repair facility. Took it there, wheel was tightened, fine tuned, adjustments made and looks like I'm back in business. I would suggest you call and speak to the fine people of MEC as you have warranty remaining. In closing have you spoken to the people you bought it from? They may be able to repair it themselves. Bob

8. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Had the exact same thing happen recently. I had the position of the magnet marked on the drive wheel already thanks to advise from Curly on www.shotgunworld.com. I'll mKe it a point to regularly check the setscrews on the drive wheel.

Search tags for this page

home automate mec

lights doesnt come on thehe mec automate automate
mec automate lights stopped working
mec automate not going to home position