1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

MEC automate problem??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chiefjon, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I have a MEC 9000G equiped with the Automate system. I have been very happy with this set up and it has worked flawlessly for 3 years. Tonight, it quit in mid stoke. I have check the fuse, OK. It acts like an electric motor that blew a relay, but I can't find a reset button. I have unhooked it from the reloader and run the motor in a complete cycle, but it will not respond to the command buttons. The power lights come on, but the right side lights will not come on. Any experience? Any suggestions? I will call MEC tomorrow, if noone here can help. Thanks,

JON
  2. Terribletwins

Terribletwins Member

try rotating the fly wheel by hand to see if the home light comes on. This happened to me recently (blew a fuse..put the replacement in - power light on, but no response). Rick helped out with this tip & it worked...see the MEC 9000E thread.

Hope this helps.

David
  3. Terribletwins

Terribletwins Member

try rotating the fly wheel by hand to see if the home light comes on. This happened to me recently (blew a fuse..put the replacement in - power light on, but no response). Rick helped out with this tip & it worked...see the MEC 9000E thread.

Hope this helps.

David
  4. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

David,

Once again, you prove that the gentlemen on this site...CAN DO. Thanks, that got it going again.

JON
  5. Terribletwins

Terribletwins Member

Jon - See the MEC 9000E questions thread - Rick's user name is BASFSHMM
  6. Mountainsteve

Mountainsteve TS Member

If you have further problems you may want to remove the cover and check for loose wire connections. I had the same problem and found a loose screw on a connection. If you have problem getting to the wires call Mec. They are great people and will walk you through it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.