1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC Automate Fuses

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Bucko43, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Anyone know where I can pick up some extra fuses for the MEC Automate?

They are 3AG 250V .75 Amp Fast Acting fuses.

Thanks,

Kevin

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I bought a pack of spares at an auto parts store but I'd bet that Radio Shack or another electronics store would have them.

Ed

3. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Radio Shack does have them.

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Auto supply store.

Don

5. Don S

Don S Member

0   0   0

ACE Hardware

6. chipking

chipking TS Member

0   0   0

When I was using the original Automate II on my P/W I was having problems with the fuse blowing during normal use. The designer was adamant about NOT using the fuses from Radio Shack, which I was. He recommended buying them from an auto parts store which I did and never had another blown fuse unless there was legitimate reason. I suspect the same would apply with the MEC unit.

--- Chip King ---

7. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

0   0   0

Radio Shack here too. Always have some laying around. They come in 4 paks and are cheap. I don't see what the difference would be between a fuse from an auto parts house and one from Radio Shack?

Tim

8. Bucko43

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I learned the hard way that a piece of lead getting caught in the collet will cause the automate to blow a fuse. I blew two fuses before I found out the pellet of shot was stuck in there. Once I cleared it the automate worked fine. But I would like to have some backup fuses for the next time.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll stop by the autoparts store on my way home tonight. If they don't have any I'll try the Ace Hardware.

Is there a difference between Littlefuse or Buss fuses?

Kevin

9. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

0   0   0

littlefuse and buss are just brand names. 3ag is size of fuse (physical), and of course make sure the amperage is correct. fuses are usually regular, like you have or slow-blo. dont use the slow blo on this type application.

Bob

10. XT Bill

XT Bill TS Member

0   0   0

Mine kept blowing the .75 amp fuses from time to time for no apparent reason. I ended up going with 1 amp, and haven't blown one since.

Just something to keep in mind, Jim Benn had said some units just seemed to need the 1 amp.

Bill

11. Bucko43

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Thanks Bob.

What does the 3AG actually mean?

I measured one of the blown fuses, and it is about 1/4 inch in diameter and about 1 1/4 inches long.

The book tells me to use a fast acting fuse. How do you know by looking at the fuse if it is fast acting or not?

Thanks again,

Kevin

12. Bucko43

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I couldn't find any 3/4 AMP fuses in any autoparts or ACE hardware.

I ended up going to Radioshack and they had them.

If I keep blowing the .75 AMP fuses, I'll switch to the 1 AMP.

Thanks,

Kevin

13. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

0   0   0

I switched to one amp fuses and have only blown one when a wad got caught goin into a hull sideways. SO I know 1 amp fuses are not too high to worry about frying anything. It blew pretty fast after hanging up. You can also go to a fast bow fuse instead of the 3/4 amp slow blow.

14. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

0   0   0

My automate came from factory with 1 amp fuse. It will blow if something is not right when you operate the machine. was in electronics for a lot of years never heard of a fast acting fuse as such just the two types, reguar and slow blow. It would have been better if they had put in a 1 amp circuit breaker that could have been reset, but would have probably have added 20 bucks or so to the cost of the machine. you should be good to go if you use the 1 amp fuse. The slow blow usually is used to help avoid blowing the fuse when there is a power surge or spike in current draw, and will blow when there is a sustained draw of current in excess of its rating.

Bob

15. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bob, you're right but in all fairness, I've had just two fuses go open on me in the four or so years I've had my AutoMate II and both were caused by my being distracted and forgetting to take a finished shell off the loader before pushing the buttons. I prefer to remove my finished shells manually, inspect them and place them in an EZ-Pak.

Ed

16. Don S

Don S Member

0   0   0

The fuses at ACE are located in the small electronics section rather than the fuse section or auto section. The 3/4 amp size is $1.20 and the 1 AMP size is $0.60.

17. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

0   0   0

I stand corrected I mean standard but used fast in comparison to slow-blow fuse. Picky picky picky. lol :O)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec fuses