1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC Auto-Mate

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bakergun, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

Hello
    I am lookimg for some information on the MEC Auto-Mate. Please give me the pros and cons. I do not have the room or do I want the hydraulic one in the house. Thamk you for any help you can give me.
    Pete

2. Texas Trap Shooter

Texas Trap Shooter Member

Pete,

I have James Benn's early model of the Automate (before MEC) and it is absolutely a great machine. Mine has been used since 1998-99 without any issues. Really a great machine for the price - the 200 count primer tray is a real plus.

Ron Schroer - Sun City, TX

3. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Love mine, only a couple of thousand shells so far but you couldnt pry it from my cold dead fingers..

4. slick50

slick50 Member

I just bought one in March. It takes a bit to get it all adjusted once you install everything but it works like a dream. I've put about 7000 through it in a very shot time and it works great. I should have bought one years ago. Its worth every penny. The only problem I can see with it is you can't keep all your components from disapearing very quickly. I bought mine from Gamaliel Shooting supply, they were excellent to deal with and the price was very good. Good Luck

Bill

5. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I got mine from Connie's components. They had the best price anywhere. I had a few problems when I first set it up because my MEC 9000G is very old. Lot's of worn our parts and stuff that the auto mate brought to my attention. But I can load a box of shells in 3 minutes and 30 seconds with it. Especially if you get the little button covers that you can find at Recob's target store online.

Kevin

6. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Minimal physical effort. WAAAYYYYY quieter than a hydraulic (I sold a 9000H to get the Auto-Mate). I have the Auto-Mate version 1.
    Like Kevin above said, it has brought to light the condition of my old 9000G. I am planning on getting it to Maysville sometime soon for an overhaul. JMO
    John in Iowa

7. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

thank you for your input think Ipick up one
    pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.