1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec Auto Mate- Trouble

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SMITH47, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

I have been using my mec automate with a grabber for about a year with no problems. yesterday the flywheel attached to the electric motor decided to go in the opposite direction and the rod that goes from flywheel to reloader locked against the rear of the grabber. i have a backup grabber i will use till i get it fixed. I know the folks with mec will help me.. anyone have this happen or some suggestions ??

thanks,

ernie

2. hfrogdogc

hfrogdogc Member

your nut on the fly wheel is not tight and has moved henry

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Yes more than once. Was told and found that the magnet nut on the fly wheel was out of whack. It needs to be 1 1/16 inches from end of slot.

Don

4. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

the nut on the flywheel appears to be tight ?

5. wdturner

wdturner Member

Yes had same thing happen it definitely is a loose magnet. As BIGDON said Tom

6. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

thanks folks, i got it working

7. Texas Trap Shooter

Texas Trap Shooter Member

I had the same problem, but in my case the little "c" clip that holds the wad guide vertical rod and centers the spent primer drop tube over the collett slipped off after 10 years of use. The missing "c" clip caused the wad guide rod to drop to the bottom and then all hells breaks loose. End result was a bent pusher rod just like above. Looks like the "c" clips should be replaced periodically as mine were worn and somewhat concave.

Ron

8. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

Texas - the other evening that happened and I had pieces flying in every direction. Glad I had glasses on because a piece of a retaining clip bounced off my right lens (the "good" eye!). But here's what I don't get about this AutoMate, guys: I thought if it encountered any kind of obstruction or resistance, it was supposed to back off? That's when you usually get to change a fuse.

Doc

9. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

SMITH47,

What did you do to get it working again?

Thanks,

Jon Reitz

10. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

jon

i moved the magnet (that i did know was there before this trouble) back and forth. it did not appear to be loose but everything works now ?

ernie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.