1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC 9000HN Pump Problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bluerock1, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluerock1

Bluerock1 Member

I'm not sure I can describe this properly but I'm going to try. I bought an extra MEC pump for my 9000HNs, the problem is when I push on the peddle and the press has cycled down all the way instead of a lite bump to my foot the peddle starts repeatedly bumping my foot and the pump starts moving on the floor.

I have been loading on MEC hydros since 1987 and never had this problem. It seems like it has to much power. Does anyone know what is wrong here.

Thanks in advance,

BR1

2. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Just a guess but check to see of you have too much oil in the pump. I use a small stick to check the level. It should be just about 1/2 to 3/4 full.
    John

3. Bluerock1

Bluerock1 Member

Thanks John, I called MEC this AM and explained the problem. They told me to adjust the set screw on the back of the pump, it is under the alum hex shaped cover on the back of the pump. In equals more pressure out equals less pressure.
    Works great now that it is adjusted properly.

BR1

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Sounds like the by-pass valve is going bad on the pump to me. MEC can send you one and it's easy to change out. Best bet is to give MEC a call!!

Hap

5. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

BR1 thanks it good to know that ajustment. I have no problem with my 9000HN but you never know.
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.