1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC 9000H

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by flchevelleman, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flchevelleman

flchevelleman TS Member

HELP: All of a sudden station 1 the shell (sts hulls) seems it is not dropping all the way in, therefore it is smashing the lip of the brass. It works fine if i push it down with my fingers first. I have checked for shot, ect, loosened the collet, one will work then ruin 3 shells , going crazy!!!!!!!! I have made 5000 plus on the machine,
    Any help please, THANKS

2. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

Lube collet-make sure spent primers are out of the way underneath,make sure the shell lifter is properly engaged underneath the frame-read troubleshooting in manual,make sure you are lifting the handle ALL the way up--------------------

3. flchevelleman

flchevelleman TS Member

Primers are gone, its hydraulic so its completing the cycle,it seems like maybe the timing on the shell statins is a bit forward, tried the trouble shooting guide, no avail????

4. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

My 9000H did that when one of the collet fingers developed a crack. It wasn't visible until the collet was removed from the machine.

5. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

there is a way to advance or back off the turntable if you go to mecs website you can download a manual-i think you may be on the right track- I dont remember how to do it

6. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

...and you absolutly sure there is no shot down there???

7. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Make sure the wad guide is properly lined up, and that the fingers are in good shape. The wad guide is fixed to the rod that lowers to allow the shell to lower in the collet. If the wad guide has a problem, you'll see it at the collet crushing rims.

8. FLIP

FLIP Member

remove and clean collet.

9. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Take collet out. Clean and check for debris in the collet. Lube and reassemble and you should be ok. As said before a crack petal may be the culprit.

10. slick50

slick50 Member

Do yourself a favor that will save you years of problems. Disconnect the sizing collet. You don't need it. I unhooked mine 100,000 rounds ago and the shells aways fit fine in the gun. The collet is a source of constant problems.

11. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Mine used to do that on occasion. Pull the collet post out wipe clean, and rub a couple drops of real light oil along the shaft and put back. I know MEC says not to do this, but fixed mine every time.

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

slick50 - That'll work sometimes but there are some guns that don't digest some shells too well if they are not sized properly.

13. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I found powdered graphite is better than liquid lube or grease. Makes less of a mess around base of press. Buy the stuff in the small squeeze tubes for locks. Use sparingly, little goes a long way.

14. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Just pull the tube out that the shell rests on and wipe it off and replace it. I have loaded tens of thousands of shells on mine and I have to do that occasionally. I have never lubed mine and it is best not to lube it. Manual says no lube.

15. Limpy100

Limpy100 Member

after cleaning lubeing I sprayed the inside of the collet with silacon spray.it is working well

16. willing

willing Member

Listen to Bob K.

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.