1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC 9000H tech ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cwh, Dec 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cwh

cwh TS Member

I removed the plug to replace the oil in my pump only to find that it was a pressure release valve. Does anyone know the procedure for returning it to the factory setting of 800 psi?

I'll call MEC but the pump is not built by MEC.

Regards,

CW

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

There is no factory per se-- you have a pump and a motor- coupled together

the oil goes in through the bleeder cap opening-- I dont remember a pressure relief valve -- there is a return valve plug(which isnt used as the pump is set up for the mec)

Find a local pump place-- they should be able to help you

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

MEC'S (David Kerns) will answer your questions even though they didn't build the pumps. Hap

4. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

If you didn't screw with any adjustments (if there are any) and can put the valve back in, it should be set back as it was. MEC has used many different style pumps over the years, the only similar "valve" on mine is just a poppet and spring and nut/cap.

Only way I know to change the oil, is to turn it upside down and drain it thru the filler/breather hole.

5. cwh

cwh TS Member

The valve is a spring, a ball bearing and a threaded plug. The plug loads the spring. It's the load on the spring that I need to know about.

Regards,

CW

6. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Unless it is different than every hydraulic system I've worked on, it has no adjustment, just replace it and when you tighten the nut it will seal off. If you just partially tighten that nut, it's gonna leak.

Does it have an O-ring or fiber washer?

7. newcastle

newcastle Member

I'm not sure it matters all that much, I also had mine off and when I reinstalled it I just turned it in a bit on till I liked the way the pump sounded. works just fine now.

8. cwh

cwh TS Member

Texas ton,

There is a cap with o-ring that goes over the plug that loads the spring.

CW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.