1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC 9000H REBIULD?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Trap2, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Captin.... I sent my 25 year old MEC 9000H back to MEC to have it completely rebuilt about 2-3 years ago. I disconnected the hydraulic pump from the ram and sent in the entire unit. Total cost, at that time, to rebuild it was $135.00 plus the shipping. May be a bit more now, but, I can't imagine it would be 10-15% more, if that...... Just my experience... Dan Thome (Trap2)

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

You better call MEC first. They may not want to rebuild a machine at the Grand.
    I would bet they will want you to send it in or give it to them at the Grand.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Mec doesnt rebuild hydraulic units at all-- if you mean the pump and resevoir by that term

Better check

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I asked them at the last Grand and they asked me to send it in. I did and it came back like new for something over a hundred, but I'd stolen a number of parts off it to feed my other one. It was a good deal and as I say, it loads like brand new. Now I'm sending the other one in. I had them mount the new primer tray too and I like it,

Neil

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Ray, why not rebuild it yourself? I did a Mec about 10 years ago and it was not a big deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.