1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC 9000H question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Steve231, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve231

Steve231 TS Member

I have a chance to buy a MEC 9000H that has sat idle for a few years. I am told it works, but have no way of knowing. Any idea what it is worth? I have had several of the 9000G, Graber, 650, 600JR's, over the years. Mechinaclly I am not afraid of it, but if I need to repair it what to look out for, and what a fair offer would be.
    Thank you
    Steve

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Steve..... Simple enough. Set the loader up and reload a few shells BEFORE you purchase it if you can. Very easy to set up, if even temporary. If the loader appears to be in good condition, a fair price would be in the $450.00 to $500.00 range. They are fairly bulletproff. I have had mine for almost 25 years and it's still loading them as good as it was the day I set it up... Dan Thome (Ttap2)

3. Alamo

Alamo Member

I agree and set it up, because it is hydraulic, no need to screw into a loading bench to temporarily to try it out. Not recommended for long term use though. If it has the new high capacity primer tray that would be a plus. Would also check to see what new price would be and work from there. Newer ones have pump with plastic housing so that you can see oil level at a glance rather than screw top off, seems like a neat feature if plastic holds up and doesn't crack. Used ones are not rare but, they don't seem to be overly common in my area. Good luck, I bought mine used and wish I had bought a hydraulic press years earlier.

Larry Hancock

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I've owned mine about as long as Dan T. has his. Made some great mods to mine and its works great from day one! I now own two 9000Hs I liked them so much!

Hap

5. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

One thing to check is the Hyd cyl to see is it is leaking or not and if the cyl has screw on caps on both end of it as it and the black cyl with a dowel pin at the bottom can be rebuilt. There is one silver cyl with no caps on the ends and has a black mec decal on it that can not be rebuilt. The the most common cyl used and can be rebuilt for 40.00 and return shipping. I hope this helps.

thanks
    lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.