1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC 9000H Operation Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Uncle Screech, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

I bought a new 9000H at the beginning of the year. I got all excited about it after having spent the past year using a MEC Sizemaster. Over the course of a week or so I went and loaded all my empty hulls and since about the 10th of January it's been sitting on my bench, covered, waiting for me to do some shooting so I can reload again. My question to the gurus out there is, should I worry about the "down time"? Should I plug it in and cycle it every once in awhile to keep things lubed or whatever? I couldn't find anything in the manual that says I should cycle it every once in awhile but it also doesn't say anything about not running with scissors either. Could be they assumed I knew what I was doing when I ordered it...

Any suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks

Greg

2. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

greg: I got the exact same problem. Loaded 4,000 shells and now it's just sitting. Never happened with my Grabber! Birdtracker

3. bluegrass

bluegrass Member

I just loaded 5000+ shells. No problems and it had been sitting for nearly a year. I may load afew more this year but it will probably be next winter before I use it.
    Lance

4. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

If you buy the 9001H in 20 ga, 28 ga, and .410 bore, you have a better chance of at least keeping the pump system employed.

You, obviously, need to spend some time scrounging up some more hulls, too.

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Mine has sat through some 10 or 12 winters without ill effects. Never tried to load multiple thousands and ignored it longer though.....Bob Dodd

6. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

This guy was serious, I think?

No, the pump does not need to be cycled.

Plug it in and let it go,

Jim

:eek:)

7. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

Thanks for the replies. And yes, I was\am serious. I am not a mechanically inclined guy. I'm a geek and have been shooting for a little more than a year now. Reloading a little less than a year. I'm used to sitting at a desk "shifting bits & bytes". Everyone I know has an aversion to things that go bang or even plain old sunlight. This is all pretty new to me. I just wanted to make sure it was OK to let the pump sit there unused for a period of time. I didn't know so I asked where I knew I could get a good, accurate answer. Again, thank you, I do appreciate it.

Greg

8. KenC

KenC Member

After a 4 year hiatus from trap shooting & reloading, I just sprayed a little Rem Oil in the right places, smeared on a little collette lube and away I went: 4K shells; no problema...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.