1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC 9000H loader noise.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

What makes a MEC 9000H grunt and groan near bootom of cylinder cycle?

Cleaned the collett, loosened the collett, the adjustable bar stops about 3/16s
    of an inch short of the bar cycle.

Never had this prolem before.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

The moaning is the noise of the pressure rise and the relief valve opening up and dumping excess pressurized oil back into the reservoir. The sound is normal.

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Toolmaker it is not making a complete cycle. Could it be caused by low oil level?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Make sure none of the linkage is loose or bent, and look at the end of the hydraulic cylinder which has a thread on it. See if the cylinder is not unscrewing from the clevis which operates the linkage.

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Your machine is possessed by demons. The end is near. BEWARE. HMB

6. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

I have Auto-Mates, but the diagnosis procedure should be the same. Operate it slowly, watching and looking for the station or area of resistance. Try cycling without shells in the plate, and with the charge bar without bottles lifted well out of the way.

Try lowering the charge bar mechanism and observing. Also try loading one shell slowly at a time, which is certainly possible with a 9000, and inspect for resistance from each station.

7. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I have the same loader and notice a hissing noise---I thought is was oil level but not---It starts when I 1st start loading then seems to stop---might have air in the line---

8. canyonman

canyonman Member

I have the same or similar problem with my 9000H and the people from Mec, at the grand last year, said to lubricate the main internal column which is accessed from the rear of the machine.

Let me know if it helps, haven't gotten around to trying this yet. Good luck.
    Bill

9. MACH4RANDY

MACH4RANDY Member

my bet is low fluid or air in your line

10. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Now let me see a 12:49 PM you create a thread that is titled

"Reloading Problem w/ Winchester Super Lite"

At 12:54 PM you create this thread saying that your machine is not making a complete cycle. You are now being advised to work on or at least check out hydraulic for problems.

Well back in the day when Superlite powder was just coming out I had a MEC no 9000 no hydraulics. The Superlite would get under the bar and cause it to hang up and make very light drops. The MEC I was using was a 650. When I pulled the return spring off the charge bar and removed the bottles I couldn't move the charge bar by hand there was more powder between the bar and the frame than there was in the bottle.

I couldn't move the bar with my hands when I drove the bar out and cleaned the powder out the machine worked flawlessly for a little while. I would suggest that you make sure that this is not your problem before you start doing things to the hydraulic system.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec hydraulic loader squeal

mec loader hydraulic cylinder