1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

mec 9000gn wad guide question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ernesto1, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ernesto1

Ernesto1 Member

Hope this is an easy one for you MEC 9000 owners.

The manual states that the top of the wad guide should be flush to 1/16" above the clamp. Taking the clamp off revealed a dimple that restricts the movement of the downward position of the wad guide. My clamp was installed with the dimple facing down so that the wad guide movement could only be adjusted down so far.

As I acquired the machine used, I do not know the correct orientation of the dimple. Is this dimple supposed to be facing the base of the machine or up towards the handle?

Sorry to be so wordy but am attempting to be as clear as possible in my description.

Thanks in advance for any help advice. Darryl

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

There are two things to be concerned with. Does the wad guide line up with the empty hull, and is there enough clearence to put the wad in the guide. You can adjust the height by moving the clamp up or down, if you run out of room you can move the wad guide up or down in the clamp. HMB

3. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

If you go the the mec site they have the user manual in pdf format.
    I found the wad guide needs to be positioned so I have to tip the wad to get the ram into the shot cup. Otherwise the hull in the first station won't consistantly drop down and it gets crushed.
    Just saved you two phone calls to mec. Not all their employees know this!

4. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

The dimple (high part) need to be face up towards the handle then the gromet goes over that.

Oscar

5. Ernesto1

Ernesto1 Member

Thanks for all the input. Oscar has answered my question. Only concerned me because I moved the wad guide to facilitate lubing the collet sizer.

Darryl

6. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I thought I understood the question but I'm having trouble understanding the answer. What grommet on the wad guide are we talking about?

Ajax

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

There is a clamp a screw and the wad guide. There ain't no grommet. HMB

8. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Well hmb, I agree. The only grommets I know of on a MEC are the ones between the bar and the bottles. That's why I'm having some trouble between the question and the answer. I'm trying to understand?

Ajax

9. Ernesto1

Ernesto1 Member

Sorry if I created any confusion to anyone. I was just unsure which way the wad guide clamp half with the dimple(protrusion) on it faced. I disregarded Oscar's comment about the grommet thinking it may have been a typo.

Checked a few sites on youtube and the videos clearly showed the wad guide clamp with the dimple pointing down towards the floor. In other words the wad guide clamp half with the dimple on it is on the left side of the wad guide rod if you are directly in front of the handle. I thank Oscar again for his input but fear his statement is inaccurate.

Hopes this clears up any confusion. Darryl

10. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

My mistake, I was thinking of the brass part on the powder bottle and that gromet, Sorry about that! Completely spaced out when I read about the dimple.

Oscar

11. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

This was my fix for wad clearance on the guide.

12. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Shooting coach. I did the same with mine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec 9000 guide