1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec 9000G Wad issues need help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Felice Taddz, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Felice Taddz

Felice Taddz Member

Guys, I just got a used Mec 9000G and I'm having a pain in the butt problem. For some reason the wads don't always go into the hull correctly. It seems that the hull doesn't sit correctly on the wad holder correctly. What am I doing wrong?

Taddz

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Tell us more about the problem, are the fingers in good shape on the wad starter? Is the alignment good on the wad starter? When the loader cycles is the wad starter directly over the hull, ready for the wad and shot? Jackie B.

3. sharhope

sharhope Member

Not sure what you mean re the hull sitting on the wad holder. The shot drop tube needs to be adjusted to put a slight amount of pressure when you seat the wad. The wad guide is up from the top of the hull Post a photo here and perhaps we can clarify this.

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Taddz, is this a brand new loader?

It may take alittle adjustment is all. The way I set up the wad guide is to loosen slightly the allen screw holding the wad guide inplace. Not much, just enough that it will move from side to side. Then place a wad in it and load a round. It should precisely place itself where need be. At bottom of stroke tighten the allen screw securely. Now you should be lined up.

5. Felice Taddz

Felice Taddz Member

6. Felice Taddz

Felice Taddz Member

basicly I need to pay more attention to the wad then I do the primer. I always need to make sure the wad it 100% straight or it will jam.

7. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

is the wad guide lined up properly over the hull, is doesn't look like it in the picture above??

8. Shooting Jack

Follow Pheasantmaster's directions. This is the easiest, most precise way to align the wad guide. Jackie B.

9. 391 SL

391 SL Member

Is your wad guide holder resting on the snap ring? It should be resting on the snap ring. In the picture it looks like it is up above it by 1/8" or so. If your wad guide is too high the wads will catch on the edge of the hull cocking as they go in or collapsing the edge and creating a heck of a mess. Hope you get it figured out.

Scott

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Felice Taddz, your shot drop tube needs to be lowered some according to the picture you posted. The horizontal lines above the wad pressure indicator should be set approx. between the 4th and 5th mark.

Align the wad guide as Martin suggested and it should be good to go.

Hap

Good eye Scott!! Nice catch!

11. Felice Taddz

Felice Taddz Member

Shooting Jack, where do I find this Pheasantmaster's diretions?

391 SL, is the snap ring the little line right below my wad quide?

Hap Mac Tweaks, 4th or 5th line, I'll try that.

Okay update, not sure what i messed up BUT now if I have a shell in de-priming station and a shell in the wad station my handel will not come all the way down. There seems to be a problem with these two station because, if I just have a shell in the de-prime station only no problem handle comes all the way down. If I have a shell in the wad station only no problem handel comes all the way down. IF I have a shell in both stations handle doesn't come all the way down. For a small machine this thing can be a BIG pain. Hopefully you guys will have the answer for that one. BTW thank all of you for taking some time to help me with my problems.

12. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

If you feel under the machine, you will find that you have moved the flat bar that is attached to the bottom of the rod on which the wad guide is attached has been rotated just a bit. This will keep the bottom of the shell from dropping all the way down into the resizing station. to cure, make sure the allen head bolt for the wad guide is loosened inough to turn on the shaft, then aligh the flat piece of metal so that the fork in the ind of it under the resizer will let the piece inside the sizer can fall into the fork, you can feel it when it is in place. With that reset you can then adjust the wad guide.

Good luck Bob

13. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

Felice: The black plastic wad finger housing is too low in its holder. Someone has set it way too low. You will have to loosed the screw holding it and look at the black plastic housing and you will see there is a "bump" in the housing that goes into the metal holder to regulate how low in the holder the black plastic sleeve should fit the metal holders. From your picture I would say you are going to have to raise the black fingers holder about 1/4 inch - you will see where the two are made to fit together when you get them separated. the beav

14. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Felice Taddz

"Shooting Jack, where do I find this Pheasantmaster's directions?"

Pheasantmaster's directions are in the post just above your post containing the pictures.

Bob Lawless

15. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Beav nailed it. That wad guide has to go way up.

Do this. Put the wad guide further up in the wad guide holder the way it belongs. I don't have a drawing handy, but the 9000G manual will illustrate it clearly for you. If you don't have one, get one. Then further up the wad guide column, loosen the allen head screw adjust it up to the fifth scribed line, or even a tad higher. (I can visibly see 6 or 7 scribed lines showing in your photo above). I would also make sure the black plastic wad guide is in good shape. That should do it.

Further, Ed Clapper suggests this. When you have interference problems trying to get the wad into the wad fingers, I.E., taller wads for lighter loads, try this. Take an exacto knife and carve out some of that unnecessary plastic material to create yourself some clearance to insert the wad. As you face the center of the machine it would be on the right side, just where the base of the wad tends to bump into it. It makes life a hell of a lot easier when loading any wads into the machine. This works like a charm.

PS - Keep your eye on the primer as it drops!

16. psfive

psfive Member

Looks to me to be to much space between the black wad guide and the top of the hull. Also as dr.beav said the wad guide finger holder is to low in it's bracket. Paul

17. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Did you guys know that for taller wads,MEC sells a swing out wad guide for their progressive machines.... GOOD LUCK

18. MX3BT99

MX3BT99 TS Member

Do you have a Instruction Manual to read ? If not call or email Mec and have them mail or email you one.
    It will be a big help and show you how to set it up.
    When in trouble go back to square one and read.

19. ButchB

ButchB TS Member

just go to mec website above for manual.

20. Shooting Jack

You can go to the Mec website and read/download/print the manual. It's free just like the service from Mec. Their 800 number is also at the website. If you have problems locating it let me know and I'll get it for you. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

9000gn wad guide

how to adjust wad guide on mec 9000
mec 9000
mec 9000 wad holder adjustment
mec 9000 wad insertion issue
mec 9000 wad pressure
mec 9000g
wad pressure indicator on mec machine