1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec 9000g verses PW 950

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by len loma, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. len loma

len loma TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I bought a 9000g and loaded some 10,000 plus shells with it. Liked it very much but I seen a buddy with PW 2000 with hull feeder. Wow what a productive machine. I bought a clean used 950 for $325 after talking to the service guy at PW. Very nice machine but to be honest the ergonomics of it was clumsy when compared to 9000. I bought a used hull feeder for $200 and installed on PW. One complaint with hull feeder is the limit switch that detects when magazine is full was a difficult inconsistent problem. Found a used photo eye a solid state relay and wired in to replace limit switch. Simple neat compact installation. I now have consistent hull feeds and although I heard the 950 had issues mine is working nicely. Since putting bigger shot and powder hopper on it my problem is keeping it them full. I found it takes longer to put shells in box then load hulls. After I was satisfied with performance of PW I sold the Mec for $325.

Another thing I noticed is consistent powder loads with Mec when compared to PW. I would say with out a hull feeder on the PW I would much perfer the Mec. If I get time I will post some PICs of hull feeder mods should anyone be interested.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.