1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec 9000G troubles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shannon391, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Having trouble with the leading edge of the brass hanging up on the edge of the collet, stops the whole show.

I cleaned it spotless and lubed with neversieze, still not running.

??

2. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

Shannon..
    Adjust the height of the primer drop tube that resides inside the collet and drops the shell into the collet. This is accomplished by adjusting the length of the rod (correct name??) in the front of the loader that goes under the machine and the primer drop tube rests on it. Sounds like it just needs to raise the tube a little to get the sized brass smoothly on its way to the priming/powder station.

Larry

If you have no instruction pamphlet, go to MEC website and have a look. These are good machines.

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Thanks, I was looking at that wondering if that would work. I will try that tommorow. I snapped the steel press handle right where it forks on both sides, got that off and welded and back together this afternoon, but I was having this feed problem before that. I think I got mad and a little too heavy handed.lol

Thank you!

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Well,

I'm finding the handle was bent before it broke, I welded it but it was still bent and hitting on the turrent causing it to short stroke.

New handle and linkage on the way.

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Broken handles are a common problem. They usually bend before they break, and it shows up as some other odd symptom. I always check the handle before doing anything else.

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I did not know that...After everthing else I tried I hope it will still work.lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.