1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC 9000G resizing problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dsid01, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsid01

dsid01 TS Member

I need some help with the resizer on my MEC 9000, when I pull the handle down and the resizer engages it crushes the base of the hull. The whole thing comes out round with no more lip on it. I have replaced the resizer, shell lifter and shell lifter bracket and still does the same thing. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Dustin Cole

2. dsid01

dsid01 TS Member

I have all the auto indexing disengaged right now and it still crushes them and the shell is dropping with the shell lifter as it is supposed too and there are no obstructions and everything is clean, the only way I can reload right now is to totally disengage the resizer. I read the other post on here about a similar problem and checked everything that people said to check and still no difference.

3. dsid01

dsid01 TS Member

The collet is adjusted all the way down, could'nt turn it more if I wanted to

4. dsid01

dsid01 TS Member

I am also at a loss I'm about to can this thing and buy a PW loader

5. spudwrench

spudwrench TS Member

adjust the wad punch. Go to the owners manual and reset all of the tube adjustments and should be ok.

6. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

CALL MEC
    I speak from experience.
    JJJ

7. dsid01

dsid01 TS Member

What are u calling the wad punch i'm not sure what your talking about here do you mean the wad guide rod or the rammer tube?

8. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

On your wad pressure adjustment the tube is marked with lines. It is also the same tube that the shot goes through. You have to use a allen wrench to loosen the locking clamp to adjust the tube. Slide the tube up until you can align the the sixth line even with the top of the outer tube. If you don't understand this give me a call at 850 625 6698 if you would like. Jackie B.

9. srvfan

srvfan Member

Dustin,
    I had the exact problem myself and through trial and error I figured it
    out..I replace everything you did and it wound up being the COLLET. What
    happens is the COLLET fingers mash together and they dont open all the way
    allowing the shell to drop all the way down to the bottom. When I bought
    the new COLLET and compared it to the old one I saw the difference. The old
    COLLET looked like a closed flower and the new one looked like a flower
    that is blooming or open. Mec says they close up do to age not sure.
    Paul from Ca.

10. dsid01

dsid01 TS Member

srvfan,
    I have already replaced the collet and the shell lifter and bracket, and I still can't figure it out I finally am at my wits end and unbolted it from my workbench tonight and boxed it up. I haven't decided if I'm going to sell it or send it to mec to be repaired. I don't know if I really want to put anymore money into it or not. If somebody offered I would probably just sell it and buy a pw.

Thanks everybody for your help

11. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

dsid01<br> Did you see my pictures on the other thread? Do you still want to sell it? What model and how much? Pain in the butt Mec presses are what I LIVE for. Don't mean to sound like a vulture, but I have bought a couple of nice guns from ladies who said their gun didn't shoot worth a shit! Maybe she just wanted her husband to fork over the money for a new gun. Omaha
    http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/sthread.cfm?ThreadID=161638

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.