1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec 9000G Problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Todd1, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd1

Todd1 TS Member

My reloader is hanging up about 1/2 inch from the top of the stroke. It almost looks like it is trying to auto index a little early. Anybody have any thoughts as to what to check? Thanks, Todd

2. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

I have never had a 9000G but I had a 9000H, can they have the same problem with the side plate coming loose?

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I always start with a quick clean check the sizer collet for binding, check all fastners for proper tightness.

4. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

check the actuator rod for the collet, sounds like it is hanging and not releasing the collet.

thanks
    lee

5. thomaslea1

thomaslea1 Member

Get out the anti-seize and lube the collet.

6. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

If it is indexing early, the quickest and easiest thing to check is the black side plate. It is easiest with two people, or a third hand if you have one extra. Loosen the two 1/2" bolts on the bottom of the plate, tap or pull it towards you, and while holding it as far forward as it will go, do up the bolts. There are nuts on the back, under the frame of the loader, so you need two 1/2" wrenches. Keep it square to the bench, and don't raise or lower it from its original level. If this doesn't correct the problem, look in the owners manual for the troubleshooting section and follow the directions.

I just had my 9000 go out of time from one stroke to the next, and after going through the troubleshooting routine, I called MEC and was given the side plate trick, which fixed it right up.

If you don't have an owners manual, you can find them online at mecreloaders.com.

You can also call MEC for technical support at 800 797 4632.

7. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Yep, side plate trick

8. Bob Merkov

Bob Merkov Member

The side plate is a good bet, but like Birddog said, check the actuator rod. Attached to this rod (part #30 in the manual) is a cam roller. Part #8. I have had the cam roller wipe out due to lack of lubrication. What turned me on to it was the fact the turret would hang up before it reached the top of it's stroke.

Can't hurt to check... even if it's just to make sure it's lubricated.

Bob M.

9. crk

crk Member

Need to determine if it is just indexing too early or is it, in fact, hanging up on the upstroke yet still initiating the rotation. Sometimes when it hangs up on the way up it will release and jump up. Two different problems with very different potential list of fixes.

10. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

My 9000G does this often and will sometimes corect itself by turning the shell and trying again. After about three failures I give up and either throw the shell away or if it's new I will deprime it on an old deprimer/sizer I've had for years and then it'll work perfectly. ?????????????????????

11. Dave P

12. Dave P

Still need help

13. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

I did the following when I had this problem:

1. Resizer Clean and lubricated
    2. Adjustment block on back right and side plate adjusted properly
    3. Lastly - Order new piston

In my case the new piston solved the problem.

Regards

W&W

14. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

You need to lube the collet on the resizer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec 9000g index problem