1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec 9000G problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Herman63, Mar 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herman63

Herman63 Member

I need some help with my 9000g...

The shells are moving to far. When my wad guide comes down it moves the shells back a little bit, how do I adjust this?

Thanks for your help, Herman63

2. jmdmt

jmdmt TS Member

The best thing I can tell you is to get a copy of the MEC operaters guide, it has a very good trouble shooting section. Spend time reading the manual from setup to adjustments, most all problems are covered. Another place to look is in the past posts on this web site and also shotgunworld.com. Shotgun World has a reloading forum do a search on that forum for 9000 and you will find answers to guestions you haven't asked yet. Just go slow and understand each adjustment you make, making small adjustments. Good Luck

3. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Refer to your manual and if you don't have one do a search for Mayville Engineering Corp. and print one out for your model.

4. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

herman ,call me 448-0140

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

The adjustment needed is located at toward the top of the air cylinder. There should be a red plastic cover the stubby handle. There's a cammed nut located there to adjust the plate travel. Empty the plate and adjust it till the plate is locked by the d├ętente ball under the plate. Make sure the plate rotates just far enough forward that the lock clip locks the rotating plate to prevent it reversing. Following the MEC manual is much easier than writing from memory. Hap

6. Herman63

Herman63 Member

Thanks for all the help issue is fixed for now.

Thanks Herman63

7. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

Call Mec @1-800-797-4632, If they can`t help ya nobody can, Breakemall ML.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.