1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC 9000G lubricant

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by glenns, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glenns

glenns Member

What do you use to lubricate your MEC loader? The manual says to use EP90 or its equivalent. What can be substituted for EP90?

What do you use to grease the collet?

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Anti_Seize on the collet and EP90 Gear oil elsewhere. There are some heavy Marine Lubricants that will work about the same as EP90, but at a higher cost. Probably any 90W quality oil would do. The synthetic lubes would probably be OK as well, with more or less odor. I put the EP90 in a Syringe with a "soda straw" (16-18 ga) thick needle with a ground off point. It gets it where you want it without making a big mess. A small "acid" brush works for the anti-seize on the collet.

3. glenns

glenns Member

Where do you buy anti_seize?

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Anti-Seize may be purchased at any Automotive Parts Store. Permatex makes a few different types in bottles and tubes. I think WalMArt might even have it in some stores.

5. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I have started using 90 wt on the collet and have had better service with it than never seize. I apply with Q tip. Jake

6. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

The reason MEC says to use Anti-Seize is so the collet and the closure assembly will not Gaul and you will get a more constant resize.

lee

7. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I use a moly grease on my collet..

8. glenns

glenns Member

Does greasing the collet get it on the hull? (or am I misunderstanding where you put it on)

9. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

glenns:

If you don't already know, avoid getting anti-seize on you, your clothes, or anything else you don't want it on. Anti-seize is great stuff but its a b*tch to get off.

sissy

edited addition:

You put the lubricant on the outside of the collet fingers. Done correctly, you won't get it on hulls.

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You put it on the outside of the collet so that the collar will not stick when it comes up to clese the collet.

I have the same can of Anti Seize I bought from the Snap-On man in 1966. Works fine.

HM

11. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

12. jaymz870

jaymz870 TS Member

Recoil Sissy is so right,a dab of never seize,un-noticed,on your finger and you'll look like the tin man in seconds.That stuff seems to get everywhere.

13. glenns

glenns Member

Thanks for all the comments.

I'll try the Rem oil spray.

14. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

Just a note the reason that ANTI-SEIZE is recommended, is to PROLONG the life of the collet and closure nut. The way to put the anti-seize on is to put it on the inside of the closure nut, not on the collet and when in use it will coat the out side of the collets peddles it's self so you don't have anti-seize getting on your shells and everything else.

thanks
    lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

collet lubricant

lubricating mec9000

mec 9000 lubrication