1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC 9000

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dave P, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

When I reload and go to deprime at the first station sometimes it feels like the machine bottoms out. Sometimes I can rotate the empty and it will deprime and other times it won't and I have to go to my old deprimer/resizer that I kept fro about 35 years ago. Is it possible that the empty is off center and the pin is missing the primer or could it be something else? The reloader is about 15 years old but has been sent to MEC for reconditioning when I couldn't get the gas cylinder to adjust. Any ideas?

2. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Carefully check your handle, I had one break, but it took several months to finally let go, ...
    [​IMG]

3. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

It is certainly possible for the decapping pin to be off center. To check this, carefully lower the press on a deprimed hull to ensure the pin centered, and if needed, carefully loosen the decapping pin and adjust to center, while keeping the press down. Also check the pin itself for burrs or other damage which might cause it to hang up in the primer pocket hole. Other areas that could cause similar symptoms are if the shell plate/holder is not fully rotating causing the press to bind at another or multiple stations at time. Carefully check to see if the shell plate is fully rotating and locking into the proper position, If not, this can be adjusted also. Check your manual. The wad station can also be out of adjustment and might cause the "bottoming out" feel if there is binding. Using a single unprimed hull, carefully move it from station to station to see where the bind might be. Could also be in the handle mechanism of course.

Jim R

4. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

Pull the plunger up and out of the deprimeing station and tap the resizer jaws gently to see if a be be got stuck in between the jaws. I find this to be the most common problem. The be be dose not let the jaws close and the press feels like it is bottoming out.
    Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gas cylinder for mec 9000 reloader