1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC 9000

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lasal, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lasal

lasal TS Member

AS A NEW SHOOTER, I'M INTERESTED IN BUYING A NEW MEC 9000GN 12 GA RELOADER.

BEST PRICE I'VE FOUND ONLINE IS $423.00......ANYONE KNOW OF A PLACE WITH A BETTER PRICE OR SHOULD I BUY IT?

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I'll make one suggestion for you; consider perhaps looking for a used or new Grabber for less than the 9000s. The major difference between the two is that, with the Grabber, you will move the shell plate yourself to remove the loaded shell and advance the others where the 9000 moves the plate automatically. I feel there's just a little more control for the "new shooter" and "new loader" by operating the shell plate yourself and I know a few owners of the 9000 models that disconnect the automatic move gear and essentially turn their more expensive loader into what a Grabber would have done in the first place. If you've considered this already and wish to stick with the 9000, I have no argument for your decision but think about it....breakemall....Bob Dodd

3. lasal

lasal TS Member

Thanks for the input guys. I've built an award winning Hot Rod and my own experimental airplane (Fly it also) so the mechanical aspect of reloading shouldn't be a problem. Plus several of the local shooters have the 9000 and have offered to help set it up.

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Buy a Dillon or if you have the money a Spolar.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

9000 gives me bursitis. I took off the advance mechanism and I have a nice easy working Grabber.

HM

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

connies is 429.00 shipped plus 10% off other mac stuff and/or a extra charge bar. I learned on a 9000. Gent who taught me deactivated the auto index unit and primer drop. Loaded 1 shell at a time and rotated it through the stations. As I progressed I did 2 then 3 etc ect. Until I was going well. I forgot some wads here and there. I never got a 9000. Came across a 650 cheapcheap then found other 650s 600 versamecs to rehab. Still no super deal on a 9000. I would not hesitate if $$$ was right. Also If shooting budget allows I would check out the dillons. and spolar. I load less than 5000 rounds a year the 650 is fine for me.

7. imissone

imissone TS Member

There is a PW 800b for sale on this site.
    Do a search and look for
    "Trap Reloading Equipment for sale"

It's a good machine. It's in real good condition. It worth taking a look at.
    Check it out.

imissone