1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC 9000

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SongDogSniper, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

Good Evening.
    I have the obvious (I think) great opportunity to buy a basically new (less than a flat reloaded on it) 9000 12g for $150. I've been reloading for about 3 years now with a 650.
    My question is really about converting it to hydraulic. Ease, problems, etc. Although if anyone really has had problems with them I'd like to know that too.
    Thanks in advance.

2. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

I do not know all that you need to make it Hydraulic But, The Price Of That LOADER IS GREAT!!!!!! WAY Cheap! Joe W.

3. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

It can be done, but it is difficult and I don't think it would cost effective. The mounting plate on the H model are different than that of the G model. In addition there are support braces that anchor the press to the base for stability. The arms in which operate the turret up and down are different and in reverse. By the time you purchase the pump, hydraulic ram, misc parts you would be better off purchasing a used 9000H.

Bryan

4. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

BUY THAT LOADER and use it the way it is, that is a tremndous price for a 9000G

Oscar

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

If your description is accurate, you ought to at least buy the $150 loader and use it to trade up to a hydraulic/electric 9000. Also, you could likely double your money on ebay, at least. Good luck.

6. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

Agree with the other posts, the price for the 9000G alone is worth getting it. I would also look into getting the Automate for it instead of the hydraulics, much easier conversion and accomplishes the same thing.

Greg

7. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

Buy the reloader-then buy the automate drive system. Your 9000g will fit right on top of the auto mate,you'll need to but the conversion kit(cheap),but you'll be wau under what a hydraulic system will be.PerryM

8. DEMMING

DEMMING TS Member

I got a automate and love it. I would think Hydraulic pump would be load. Great price on loader

9. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

It was as advertised. I scooped it up! Little bit of dusting and lube and I'll be on my way.