1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC 9000 troubles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by zzoom, Jun 28, 2013.

1. zzoom

zzoom Member

My MEC 9000 recently started "ballooning" the base of hulls in station one. Not everytime, 2-3 per 25. Now believe something is "stuck" because when placing hull in station one hull sinks about half the hull length down. Thoughts anyone? Resizing collet issue? Issue at other station causing this? Will call MEC Monday if not resolved.

2. flasch192

flasch192 Member

Make sure you no shot stuck in the resizer

3. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

Take a trip to the MEC site, open up the instruction/adjustment section.
    You have a severe issue with the "elevator" it is either out of the fork it fits in or the rod that operates the fork is severely out of adjustment.
    You might go to "Shotgunworld.com" and go to the forum and post a question for Curly-nohair he is the man for MEC......... Larry

4. vdt

vdt Active Member

make sure your wad guide is position right if the wad does not go down threw fingers right it will hold up the post that the hull sits on ,bulge you get

5. t7731

t7731 Member

Do they look like this?
    [​IMG]

6. t7731

t7731 Member

If so, you need to remove the collect ALL THE WAY OUT and clean it thoroughly. I swore mine was clean but only after I completely removed it did I get it to work perfectly again.

See the following video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLpGSbT-1Jk&feature=youtu.be

7. thomaslea1

thomaslea1 Member

Unless it's a 9000H you should feel the additional resistance when you pull the handle down. To bow them out that much takes a lot of pull on the handle. What's happening is that the shell is not dropping all the way down into the resizer, and it's most likely because the pin inside the resizer is also not dropping. Lift the pin out and clean it good. If you have previously lubed the pin you'll have to clean all the lube from the hole it sits in either by somehow getting a patch thru it or disassemble the resizer. No lube on the pin.

If you haven't lubed the pin you might want to look at how you lube the collet on the resizer. If the lube is thin or sprayed it's very possible to get the pin oily and cause it to stick.

8. quartering

quartering Active Member

dirty collet. pita to remove. disconnect from bicycle link and just scrub in place with toothbrush and acetone. relube with good grease. fixed

9. zzoom

zzoom Member

T7731, that is exactly how hulls look! Will clean collet and see what happens. Thanks everyone for your help. I really appreciate it.

10. John 53

John 53 Member

Make sure your spent primers have not stacked up inside the tube. It is amazing how easily this can happen.

John

11. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

Either dirty collet or sprung collet. The shell rim is not sitting down in the groove at the bottom of the collet. Had that happen to me last week. Thought it was sprung so ordered a new one ($39). In the meantime I removed the old one and found a ton of what Curley No-Hair calls "mung." Completely cleaned and reinstalled and relubed. Works fine now and I now have backup for when it does get sprung.