1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC 9000 Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jm1079, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

I have a MEC 9000 that I had disconnected the auto-index slide bracket a while back. Tonight when I hooked it up again, the auto-index system is turning the carrier even before the deprimed hull is fully lifted out of the resizer.

I tried turning down the nut on the wad guide rod like the manual says, but it is still doing the same thing, even with the nut all the way down. Has anybody experienced this problem?

I would like to find a solution tonight if possible and not have to wait to call mec in the morning.

Will appreciate any suggestions. JM

2. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Call MEC: Mayville Engineering Corp, Mayville, WI. Also Have site!

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

When you lift the handle, at the top of the stroke you will feel a click. That is what makes the plunger reset and pull the advancing finger back.

Be sure the finger and associated parts are in the proper position.

The jam nut on the bottom of the guide rod (shich bumps the lever that operates the advance) is to get the shell platform height in the right position. You need to remove the wad guide to adjust the rod, then jam it with the nut.

Your mechanism should not activate until the handle is almost all the way up.

Good luck

HM

4. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Ehanks to all who responded and offered their help. Problem has been solved. JM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.