1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec 9000 question.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JohnJ65, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnJ65

JohnJ65 TS Member

I recently bought a used Mec 9000G and the primer tray lid will not open with the universal charge bar that came with this loader. It opens just fine with the original charge bars, but hits the powder dial on the universal bar. I would like to keep the universal bar. It seems to be the original tray, Anyone have this problem? Would the large capacity tray not do this? I have never used a 9000 before so maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    John Jordan

2. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

You have to tilt back the top unit that holds the powder and shot bottles. This will allow clearance for the primer tray lid.

3. JohnJ65

JohnJ65 TS Member

Okay, sometimes the answer is staring you right in the face and you still can't see it. Thank's, I might have scratched all of the hair off my head before seeing it. Now I feel a bit stupid for asking. LOL

4. Carl7650

Carl7650 TS Member

John
    The new primer tray is great.Not only that it holds 100 plus more,,but the lid slides off,,not hinged up like the old one.And to load it,,it lays back flat about 22deg for ease loading.It is well worth the money I think....Carl

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

you could also pull ther hndle down some.

6. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Never feel stupid for asking a question, thats how we learn...Bill

7. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

As stated above I just pull the handle down enough to clear, works for me.

Rick

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I prefer the handle down method, Most off my shot spills have happened when tilting back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.