1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC 9000 problem

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by pjbosh, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjbosh

pjbosh Member

I am having trouble with my reloader. I get to the very top of the upstroke and the loader sticks. I have to give a push up on the handle and sometimes that won't work either. Sometimes the shell lifter will come up and get in the way of the index wheel. Is there something I am missing with an adjustment.

2. gmhgmh

gmhgmh TS Member

There is a procedure in the owner's manual for adjusting the shell lifter. Also call MEC tech support. If lifter is too high, your problem occurs. If it is too low, the carrier won't advance or hangs slightly, causing powder to drop even though the shell is not aligned with the powder drop. They are a patient and great resource. George

3. revbook

revbook Member

Might get more response if you moved this to the shooting related category.

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I just went through this on my 9000 and was a simple fix. On the bottom of the resizer push the pin out that connects like a chain link. With the pin out raise the bottom of the resizer ring and put a coat of anti seize around the collet. Slide back down, put pin in and go back to reloading. I had loaded over 75,000 shells on that unit and never had it to happen before. Learned my lesson and took the same action on my 410, 20 and 28 reloaders also. It amazed me how much smoother they operate. LOL Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.