1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec 9000 Problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by HUNTER64, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HUNTER64

HUNTER64 Member

I have a 9000g and last run something has come out of adjustment. The shells have a pouch to them on the crimp, the crimp is not laying flat it is lifted up. I am not for sure if the problem is in the 1st crimp station or the 2nd crimp station....Any and all help would be great before I start adjusting, the manual is a little vague on this issue....
    Thank You
    T.J.

2. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

Not sure what you mean on " a pouch " but give mec a quick call ,, they are more than helpful

3. WJN

WJN TS Member

Ditto on the MEC techs they are very helpful. The downloadable manual also has suggestion of crimp problems.

Jim

4. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

If your crimps are sticking up in the middle, did you change wads? Usually a slightly longer wad will cause this problem.

Remember --- all loading presses work on the outside of the shell. What you put inside the shell is what matters. Did you change powder charges? Did you change shot charge, or size? Also Check for dirt or anything that might be on the platten. (The base where the shell sits and travels to the next station)
    Presses just don't go out of adjustment.

Chuck

5. Rossi396

Rossi396 Member

I had the "cone" as I would put it when I was getting my new MEC 9000G dialed in. I adjusted the second crimp station down SLIGHTLY and now have proper depth on the crimps. Make sure both the pre-crimp and second crimp stations are tight as well..

And I agree with Chuck that if you didn't change loads in some way, it's a little harder to figure out. But I do think that a press can go "out of adjustment" if something is loose!

Tony in PGH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.