1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec 9000 primer feed help ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by parrot man, Jan 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. parrot man

parrot man TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Hi Guys,
    I'v been haveing trouble withe the drop tube for the primers staying tighy. Also many times the primer does not fall in the little cup on the second stage.

I've tryed many adjustments to the tube and have fooled around with the chain with no success. Any and All Help is Appreciated

Thank You,
    Eric R. Vega
  2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The best cure for the old style primertray is to remove it and replace with the updated unit. It works much better and cures a lot of the problems that were present with the chain pull style.

Go to Mec's website and they should have the info on the new style primer tray.

All Good,

ec90t (a Eric also)
  3. jbrucejr

jbrucejr Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I will second that - I had the old spring and chain type on my .410 9000G, and had exactly the same problem.\

I changed the .410 loader over to the new style primer feed when I got a new 9000G 28ga that had it - it holds 200 and is easier to load - real nice.

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Mesquite, Nevada
    Sometimes the bracket holding the tube has to be bent a little to align the bottom of the tube with the rotating plate hole. A crescent wrench and a little persuasion on the bracket in which ever direction necessary will fix a lot of problems. The bracket can be bent in any direction to get it aligned properly. Just make sure the bracket bolt is tight when doing this. If you don't have a MEC loader manual, give them a call and you'll have one. Timing the primer drop is also important for easy loading which is made by adding or subtracting links on the chain. Hap
  5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    It is not a big deal to adjust the primer feed. You need two things to get started. A screw driver and a business card. Loosen the screw holding the feed
    and lower it to the plate, place the business card between the end of the tube and the plate and tighten the screw. Check to see if the tube lines up with the hole in the plate. If it does not line up you will have to bend the unit bracket so the tube lines up. Just grab the tube and apply some force in the right direction and the bracket will bend. You migh have to tighten the bracket if it loosens up. The last step in the process is to adjust the chain to get the primer to drop at the right time. HMB
  6. washandwear

washandwear Member

Jan 29, 1998

Steps - adjust primer feed.

1. Optional - Empty primer feed
    2. Lay back powder/shot tubes or remove or empty
    3. Loosen screw that holds primer feed tube
    4. Lower handle to lowest point and hold
    5. Lower primer feed tube until touches drop hole in plate
    6. Tighten screw that holds primer tube
    7. Raise handle
    8. Load primer tray with primers
    9. Attach timing chain
    10. Lower handle to set timing and adjust chain as needed
    11. Rotate primer tray to fine tune timing
    12. Refill/Raise shot and powder tubes
    13. Happy Reloading
    14. Readjust if problems - usually #11 will take care of it

Just set mine following the above steps and have little trouble.
  7. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    The new primer feed tray is only about $40.00, it will hold 250 primers, and it works like a champ. Seems to me it's hard to justify a lot of fiddle time with the old pullchain style.
  8. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Nov 4, 2007
    http://www.mayvl.com/ and get a manual in PDF form for free and much quicker than writing for one. Bill
  9. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I paid $44.00 for mine in Mayville, but that was about 3 years ago. I guess they've gone up since, but I couldn't find the part on their website.

You can get it from Recobs for around $55.00. See the link above. It's a worthwhile upgrade.
  10. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Jan 7, 2007
    200+ Primer tray for MECs NIB are currently $48 plus shipping to your zip. Only have 3 left on the shelf. IMHO Omaha
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec 9000 primer chain attach

mec primer feed bolt