1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC 9000 POWDER MESS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by brantman, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brantman

brantman TS Member

any ideas how to keep a mec 9000 from leaking powder when I reload? its a small amount but if there is a fix Im for it

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Since we don't know your experience level I'll provide very basic thoughts. Some powders DO leak more than others. The flake powders seem to be the best for not leaking but are still not perfect. There should be a thin, brass washer with, I forget, 3 or 4 raised points in your package of gear for the loader. That brass washer is supposed to assist in powder leakage. Place it with the raised points up in the opening before the rubber bushing which goes in before the powder bottle is installed. The brass washer rides on top of the sliding bushing bar and helps better seal that area between the powder bottle and the bushing bar. If you find the brass washer in your gear it should be with an explanation or in your loader instructions you should find instructions about it's use. If you do install the brass washer, take care not to screw the powder bottle super tight as it can prevent the sliding bushing bar from traveling fully to the left and right.....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

3. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

I would highly reccomemd the PC plastic red powder baffle. I haven't had ANY powder on the table since I put one in years ago. As with the brass washer make certain you don't tighten it too much or your charge bar will not make full travel and you'll get bloopers. Simply tighten the powder bottle down till it's nearly tight and then back it off a touch.

Tim

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I should add that nearly anything that helps does not suggest the end of leakage, only get better; the brass washer will help and for many the after market powder baffle is wonderful however with my machines the baffle is/was a dismal failure.....Bob Dodd

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I'm with X2 fan, the red powder baffle really does help stop the leaking.

Wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't have tried it. It works.

Hauxfan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.