1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC 9000 Powder Drop Accuracy Info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SBray, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SBray

SBray Active Member

Jan 29, 1998

For those of you that are using MEC reloaders, if you have experienced occasional or frequent short, little, or no powder drops, you might want to check your machines to see if they have been properly adjusted. Recently I noticed that I would occasionally get a shell that either had an insufficient powder charge or none at all. Obviously this is very disruptive to shooting.

I took the powder and shot bottles off one of my machines and manually pushed the charge bar from right to left and found that it went all the way across and bottomed out against the left stop screw. When I operated the machine with the hydraulics, the charge bar did not go all the way left and touch the stop screw.

After reading the instructions on page 29 of the manual, titled "Charge Bar Travel", I adjusted the Operating Rod Nut (Index # 14) on the Operating Rod (Index # 13) up until the Stop Screw (Index # 114) just touched the charge bar at its farthest travel left. Of course I then found my powder drops to be higher than I intended them to be set.

This is very frustrating because two of the three machines had this improper setting after coming directly from the MEC service center. I made the mistake in assuming everything should have been adjusted properly.

Don't get me wrong, I believe, all things considered, the MEC service staff do a great job with the number of workers and volume of business they have.

Hope this helps,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.