1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec 9000 Parts Giveaway

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by deadelk, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadelk

deadelk Member

Ok chowderheads, here is your chance to win the following Mec 9000 parts.
    Shot Bottle, Powder Bottle, both with caps and plugs. Ten powder bushings, Spent primer catch tray, Universal charge bar, 502, 118-100-1316-114 Bars, a couple of springs and brackets. Just give me the best reason why you should be the winner. I'll pay the freight. Correct spelling is a must. Neatness also counts. Good Luck, Joe Atkin

2. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Joe,
    this is a generous offer, even more so when you are paying the shipping.
    as far as the best reason I do not have one other than owning a 9000 and being
    a fellow reloader,is there anything you may be intreasted in as a token of thanks or barter?
    Regards,
    Jim Zimak

3. esetter

esetter Active Member

Well, I am a retired school principal so you know I am poor! I'm not a trap shooter so you know I'm smart! I shoot skeet so you know I shouldn't be on this site! But I sure do like nice guns and this site does have some beautiful ones! The parts would be used to feed my side by sides and take a few grouse along the way and it doesn't get any better than that! Thanks, Gerry Addison.

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

This thread reminds me that there are still, kind and generous people. Whomever the winner is, they would be reminded of this everytime they used those parts. After the negative experiences I've had lately, I need something to help reinforce postive thoughts. If I were given these parts my life would be restored and I would have a new outlook on life. Just think, Joe, you have the chance and ability to turn someone's life around. It's up to you now Joe. What will it be? Jackie B.

5. mt

mt Member

Joe, i applaud you. I don't reload and so do not wish to be considered for this generous offer...i just wanted to state that what you are doing is pretty nice and i hope whomever benefits will pass on the good karma.

6. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

deadelk Joe- It is my belief that the 9000 is the best of the "blue collar" progressive shotshell reloaders. As I have a broken one (don't know what is wrong with it yet) and I've had to set up another used one I purchased recently. I need some extra parts to have on hand to doctor up my 9000's and keep them running. I have one set up for my 16 yd. loads (one ounce... you know, to save a few bucks) and the broken one will be used for my handicap loads (when repaired). These are the reasons that should make my plight raise to the top of the list and win your parts. Keep on shootin'.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

7. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Greetings and Salutations Mr. Joe "deadelk" Atkins!

This is an extremely generous offer you make to your trapshooting family. I msut confess that I would be doing nothing but wasting some valuable accessories if you were to send the entire lot to me.

You see I have come to love my Universal charge bar. So all my bushings and bars just sit in a box oxidizing. With a second Universal charge bar I could have one bar for 1 ounce and the other for 1.125 loads. I already have extra bottles and springs too.

So in closing, I would be happy to be the recipient of your Universal charge bar. And to I would be delighted to pay the shipping. Thus you could still send the remaining parts to someone who could/would actually put them to good use AND multiply your good will.

My email address is (with proper conversions) johnrdvorakAThotmailDOTcom.

Regards,
    John

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Send them to me so that I can justify to my girlfriends why I have a Reloading Slave (his name is Martin). LOL!!!

9. trapmanjfrew

trapmanjfrew TS Member

Joe, What a generous offer. I hope that I am condisered to receive your Mec 9000 parts. I started trap shooting many years ago. Since that time I have bought and sold many trap guns. As we all know if your not braking the scores you want it must be the guns fault. That only leads to one answer that all of us would give, time for a new trap gun. So here the problem with all money spent on new or new to me guns, reloading supplies, targets and all the new state of the art gimmicks my poor old reliable Mec 9000 goes with out the extras it so deserves. Joe thanks for your time. John Frew

Smokin targets and the smell of gun power PRICELESS.

10. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

I should be the contest winner because mt dog chewed the shot & powder bottles from my MEC and he can't afford to buy me new ones.

Cordially,
    Chowderhead

11. bwhited

bwhited TS Member

How about this:
    I am a championship pistol shooter and am starting to shoot more and more scattergun.
    Just had my 525 tubed and now looking for MEC's to use.
    Found where my old 9000 has been living for the last 10 years (out of town) and then ran into a deal on an 8537 in 410.
    Now just looking to gather the rest of the stuff I will need to really start into Trap and Skeet.
    Just recieved my BT-99 today.
    Funds are getting a bit thin with all this new equipment.

Bryan

12. trapbetty

trapbetty TS Member

Hi Deadelk! It is very nice of you to offer your parts. I have an old reloader and can't come up with the cash to set it up the way I'd like! I seem to spend most of my money on my favorite hobby. That is EATING! It would be a real plus if you were to throw in a sandwich or something. Thanks and with love Betty!

13. deadelk

deadelk Member

Time is running out, get you entry in soon! Thanks, Joe

14. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Joe, I fix MECs for members at the club when asked, and this would save the time of ordering some of the parts when needed and save them some money at the same time. Now I would have to just give the bushings and regular charge bars away as I have never needed them and also have extras now.

I love my adjustable charge bar and keep my MEC running smooth.

Spelling was also checked as requested. Ray

15. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Please find a Jr. program to donate to them. We currently do not have a Jr program/loading program but im sure there is one out there.

16. trapbetty

trapbetty TS Member

Well now I'm really bummed out! I no longer have my boyfriend. I told him he must be faithful to me. He called and wanted me to see if I could help post bail for him. He was caught on "To Catch a Predator".

17. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I have a broken 9000 Mec and haven't ate in 2 weeks because I give all my earnings from working on the farm 14 hours a day to the soup kitchen.I can't shoot because of the previously mentioned reloader but if I could I would donate the shells to needy kids and rehabilitated drug addicts.I just had major surgery Monday but I think I am strong enough to reload now.The thought of making those deprived children and junkies, err recovering addicts happy with nicely reloaded ammo would be enough pay for me.As I said those parts are not for me but for the children.Thank you.

Darr Wilson

18. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

deadelk

I certainly don't deserve the spare parts and probably don't absolutely need all of them, but I'd promise to put them to use and give what I don't use to someone who needs them. I'm just a reloading addict that shoots trap in order to empty more shells to load. My press really takes a beating.

19. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

And the winner IS

20. deadelk

deadelk Member

Last Chance. I'll pick a winner tomorrow evening. Joe