1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC 9000 or RCBS Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RunGunIPSC, Oct 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

A friend asked me to help him choose a loader. He has used my MEC Hydraulic Hustler in the past & is considering a MEC 9000 or a RCBS Grand. Disregarding price,your thoughts on these 2 loaders. Pros & cons of each. Thanks much!

2. 16gun

16gun Member

9000 and don't look back, you will never regret it.

3. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Mec 9000GH would be my choice. I have one and it work flawless.

A shooting buddy has a RCBS and is always fixing it. No cost to him RCSB will send part for free but it is getting to him. He now looking at a Spolar.

4. Ron(Oh)

Ron(Oh) TS Member

I had an RCBS grand and switched back to the Mec this time though I went with the 9000E I watched videos on the hydraulic and the electric chose the electric.
    As far as price there's only a little over $100 dif....Ron

5. Tee J

Tee J TS Member

I have load close to 10,000 rounds on my GRAND and my only complaint is the primer drop. You have to constantly keep an eye on the primer transfer. Keeping the primer tray waxed helps with this, but you still need to watch. I have never used a mec so I cannot comment on it. My shells look like factory after reloading. I also have the 2o ga. head for my GRAND and it takes about 15 min. to change over and be up and running. I don't think either of these reloaders is a bad choice, just personal preference. Tee J

6. APrice

APrice Active Member

Grand breaks it's plastic parts regularly. 9000E is the way to go.

7. warren

warren Member

I've had a MEC Grabber, a Dillon SL 900 and now a Grand, all of them gave me trouble with the primer drop. As far as I'm concerned they are all good machines and do the job. The Dillon is by far the fastest but I'm getting the best finnished shells I ever have now from the Grand. I think it's just your personal preference.

warren

8. djldb6

djldb6 Member

I have two 9000H in 12 and 20. No issues that weren't related to my learning curve and mistakes I made. Would recommend them highly.

Dan

9. oletymer

oletymer Member

My only compliant with the RCBS is it has to hang off the edge of the bench.

10. 45ACP

45ACP Member

I currently own a RCBS Grand and a MEC 9000G. By far the RCBS Grand is the better machine once it is setup correctly. I also still use the the MEC for some loads. The Grand will turn-out a shell that looks like it came from the factory.

If you do break a part or one wears call RCBS and tell them what you need and you'll receive it within a week. Both the MEC and the RCBS have primer drop problems. Both machines load shells, the Grand does it faster and produces a better reload. My opinion. Bill

11. Tee J

Tee J TS Member

if you are breaking parts, your GRAND is not set up properly. I broke a couple of parts when I first bought my GRAND, I made bad adjustments. I have had no broken parts since. Tee J

12. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

GRAND........ Woody

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

9000 mec or rcbs grand