1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC 9000 or PW800?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by brent375hh, Sep 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

I sold my 9000G a few years ago for $200 and am in the mood to purchase another or so I think. Man have they shot up in price! I remember using my brother in law's PW800 (dont know what letter behind it B or C?) in the early 80's. Even though I had no problems cranking out ammo on my MEC, I remember having som envy of the PW as it seemed like a sturdy industrial machine as opposed to a sheet metal contraption. They both loaded perfect ammo.

Now I see lots of PW800s for sale in the $325.00 range. Is there any drawback to them? I seem to remember not being able to remove a shell at any given station on the one I used, is that still the case?

Thanks for the input.
    Brent

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Brent. 800+ is what you want. Easy to remove wshells. I am a fan of both MEC and PW. I loaded 8000 on my PW this season. But I sitll miss my MEC. Y9ou cannot go wrong. But my advice is to get an aoutomate. I will hav eone next year.

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

If I remember right they make a conversion kit so you can remove shells when you have to for the PW800. If the price you said above is correct then its cheaper then the Mec 9000g. They are selling new for about $450.00 There are peole who are going to the PW newer model The 2000P if I remember the model correctly.

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I have often wondered how a Mec and a P/W could be mentioned in the same line.

5. capvan

capvan Active Member

Ford or Chevy?

6. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

More like Cadillac or "sheet metal contraption" operated with a toilet chain.

7. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Stinks dont it Jerry?? HEHEHEHE

8. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Try the P/W 2000 Platinum. But get either one with hydraulics or the automate.
    Fred

9. BrowningGuy

BrowningGuy Member

Have mec 9000 and just got my auto-mate last week, all hooked up and loving it.

10. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

left or right pw is backwards for a mec and mec is backwards for a pw! lol both great loaders

11. dverna

dverna Active Member

The 9000G is NOT a great loader. Owned one for a short time and sold it.

The 800+ is a great loader. I have one with the case feeder and electric drive. Get it from "Whiz" White.

The Spolar is the best. If you can find a used one the price is not terrible - new they are expensive. I was lucky and got one from a gentleman on TS.com.

The older 800's are not a good buy unless you are mechanically talented. Many are in sorry shape and parts can be expensive. By the time you upgrade them with the newer style primer system and removable dies you are close to the price of a new machine.

Don Verna

12. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

I have both and a RCBS Grand. Has anybody ever missed a target because a shell was loaded on one type of a loader or the other????

13. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

O ya, people always blame it on something other than themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.