1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

mec 9000 -loose powder

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by brantman, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brantman

brantman TS Member

anybody have problems with their mec 9000 migrating powder when you reload? have changed rubber washers ,made sure brass washer is installed correctly, everything . its not much powder but its a mess after reloading

2. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Throw away the brass washer and buy one of these. It's the best $6 you'll ever spend. I had the same problem you're going through and someone recommended this gizmo, it works. Don't buy the aluminum one, buy the red plastic. It will end your powder problems and make the powder drop much easier.

3. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Ditto what Paul in Mn said. That thick brass washer seals well. After 300 or 400 rounds loaded, the washer/charge bar are seated together and produce a very good seal, meaning just a few particles escape, even with fine grained PB powder. It is thick enough that it won't escape from it's location. I tried a lot of combinations but this is by far the best for me. It's to bad they aren't available separately.

4. nipper

nipper TS Member

Does MEC read these posts?? I guess they dont?? If they did you would think,they would fix this problem and send what is needed with each unit...

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.