1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC 9000 help needed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shotgunner, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunner

shotgunner Active Member

I have a 410 MEC 9000 hydraulic which developed the following problem:
    The shell lifter platform sits about 3/8" lower than the top of the resizing collet. This happened after the trip mechanism that allows the table to index quit tripping. I adjusted the nut on the wad guide rod so that it would trip as needed. I then noticed the shell lifter sitting too low. I thought that possibly adjusting the nut had effected the lifter so I put the nut on the trip mechanism back where it was .....unfortunately the lifter is still too low.

I called MEC and they had me install another forked bracket that the lifter sits in........this did not help.

Has anyone else had the shell lifter drop down in the collet ? If so what was the cause and remedy.

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Most probably the machine has not fully retracted to the up position. This is generally due to lack of lube on the sizing collet, and it is catching. There is also the possibility that the machine needs lube on the internal column.

3. shotgunner

shotgunner Active Member

Bob

I will try the lube.......thanks Joe

4. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

I had the same problem with a 20ga. machine. The remedy was to make sure that the handle returned to the positive stop at the top of the stroke. Problem solved.

Chuck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.