1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC 9000 Bar Lock Problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by EEB, Mar 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EEB

EEB Member

While waiting for the tech guys at MEC to get in this morning, I'll ask this question here. While loading on my 9000 last night the bar lock would not allow powder to be dispensed. Shot was being dispensed OK, but not powder because the bar lock would not disengage from the charge bar. I can manually hold the bar lock down and powder is dispensed. Is something broken, or does an adjustment have to be made? Press has worked fine up to this. Thanks.

Ed

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

It may be your powder/primer seating tube may have slipped up a tad. That feature is what operates the bar lock and must be adjusted accordingly.

Hap

3. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Hap is correct. If the bar locks to the left,drop the primer seating ram a bit.
    It should not need much unless everything is really loose. 1/16" or bit more. Just run the first two stations,but without powder,& watch the bar.

4. EEB

EEB Member

Thank you gentlemen. I'll check that out tonight.

5. quartering

quartering Active Member

i don't see how it can drop shot but not powder. it's the same bar. good luck with it

6. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

How can it dump shot but not powder?

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

What Powder are you trying to use?

Remember what Hap said, the rod in the front props up the bar blocker, when there is no hull or ability to sense hull bar will lock and not drop anything.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

8. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

Cycle the machine to the bottom of the cycle and measure the space between the bottom of the clamp holding the primer tube and the top of the deck--the spring will be compressed. This gap should be about 1/4"; just a tad more for AA's and a tad less for Nitro's. Tighten the clamp TIGHT!!

Doc

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

What Ray said. The compression of the spring raises the tang that sticks out which makes the latch release each cycle. The powder drop tube needs lowered till it works.

I have been known to bend that little thingy.

HM

10. Ray Courney

Ray Courney TS Member

I removed it and have no such problems. Now if I need to catch powder/shot I just use an empty hull (with them primer hole filled)

11. EEB

EEB Member

Problem solved. The powder drop tube was too high. Made the adjustment and all is well. Thanks to all for your responses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.