1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec 650 Problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Flem, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flem

Flem TS Member

I have a Mec 650, and I am having trouble with the brass resizer not allowing the automatic primer feeder to properly drop the primer into the hole on the rotation plate, What should I do?

2. Crickets

Crickets Member

on the mec 650 the resizing operation is done as a separate function. The re-sizer must be removed before commencing with the loading sequence. You'll need to re-size your lot of shells then set up for loading.

3. Flem

Flem TS Member

Thanks

4. brdslayr

brdslayr Well-Known Member

You will also need the spacer to raise the hull up high enough so that the brass sizer doesn't bottom out on the loader base. I"ve got an extra if needed. PM and I'll shoot you a picture. JW

5. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

A better solution is to obtain a mec supersizer and run your shells through it.

you accomplish two things, You don't have to mess with your loader and you can inspect your hulls prior to loading while sizing.

If you know you will only use the shells in the same gun, don't resize as some one else said. Not real sure this will work with the steel case heads on the cheap shells.

You can usually buy a used mec super sizer for around $25.00 or so from some one that has left the 650 behind and moved on to a Mec 9000.

I prefer the 650 .

ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.