1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

meatshoots

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by stu mackay, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stu mackay

stu mackay TS Member

Its that time of the year again, When you are third or four gun in a custer how do you hold for a long falling bird? thanks and have a great season

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Every way I try on those shots seems to fail about 80% of the time. Seems like I can't get far enough under the target.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I shoot very fast shells and rarely hold under it much at all. I also shoot #4's

4. oletymer

oletymer Member

I'm not telling, I like to win.

5. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

Our sporting clays course is throwing a set of crossing teal that cross straight up in the air at 40 yards out. Left side is a regular clay and right side is a rabbit clay, they go about 60 feet in the air. I shoot the regular clay at its peak using 1 1/8 oz 8 shot at 1500 fps and swing down under the rabbit clay about 10 feet below it using 1 1/4 oz 8 shot at 1330 fps. Seems to work for me. Idon't usually clear the station but take 5 out of 6. Hope this may help. Tom

6. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

I have a friend that attends meat shoots and wins often. He "Loads Hot", which is an understatement. I would not hazard a guess as to speed, but I would not consider shooting his "dynamite" in anything I owned. Most of the competitors are shooting loads so hot it is unbelieveable. Scary stuff. I stay away from meat shoots...can't compete from 60 yard line and who know what speed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.