1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

***meat shoot sunday oct. 4th edwardsburg mi.***

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by plinker61, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

meat shoot season starts at edwardsburg conservation club, pine lk. rd.edwardsburg, mi. sunday oct 4th,and continues on the first sunday of every month untill april,rain,snow or sun shine.this sunday starts with breakfast being sold at 8am pancakes,eggs, bacon or sausage,or smoked chop,taters,toast,coffee,juice&milk,shooting starts at 10am .we will have lunch for sale at noon,going to fire up the grill for brats & my thick chops.will have a couple of sides to go ala carte if hungry..will be doing pie shoots,50/50's,and and the end of the day back 40 shoots for $$$(the moore shooters the bigger the pot,winner takes all ea. shoot ,best out of 5 shots from 30yds+or- in back of the 27 yd line.prizes this shoot will be for first place, your choice of a fat pack of 1 inch rib eyes,or a fat pack of smoked pork chops,or regular chops,second place will be your choice of breakfast sausage or thick sliced bacon,so bring your coolers and start stocking the freezers. also on a different subgect,my youth trap teams are still going,this year we took 11 youth shooters to mason fall team shoot,our sub. jrs. shot 298,and our jrs shot 419,not too shabby for starting this program end of march '09.our friends at dowagiac took up their youth also and they were runner ups for the jrs with i do believe a 440,nice job guys!!! on a closing note we have raised $5000 this year for the youth trap program with a holloween smoker coming up in october,the nra sent us a $3000 youth shooting sports grant,and i am in the market for a few remington semi autos to shorten up for the smaller kids(we have a 8 yr old,9yr&10 yr old shooting 870 youth 20 ga.'s and they are ready to moove up providing we get the guns to fit,so im looking for field grade guns in good working order(dont have to be pretty or fancy guns we'll take care of that)these kids have put the kid back in me,and im looking foward to keeping them going.the nra says i have to spend all of the grant on the kids by the first of the year so if any of you have a semi auto collecting dust bring it along for me to look at,maybe we can make a deal,thanks,hope to see you sunday,mark jones,trap chair

2. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

3. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

Hey this sounds like fun, wish you were not over 3 hours one way from us. But since I don't know I have to ask what is a pie shoot?

Deb

4. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

OhioGal,

A pie shoot consists of signing your name on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet divided into six pieces of (pie). The sheet is hung on a board and shot, usually by someone who is not signed up on the piece of "pie." Which ever piece of the pie has the most BB's in it wins. Usually 1st place meat which in this case would be fresh pork chops or rib eyes.

Squibb,

Being that the bar is a huge money maker for the club it will be open. However, I'm 100% positive there will be no drunks on the line.

Hope to see you all there on Sunday.

Matt Krizinski

5. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

rev,no beer on the line,never has been as long as im running the trap dept.my polocy is if i feel a shooter has had too many he wont shoot,im one that i shoot first,have beers after,and yes pullbangloss the bar is the reason the club is still around,we are working on getting the bar seperated from the trap dept by moving all bar operations upstairs,once that happens no beer will be outside .as far as pie shoot prizes,we charge $3 per slice/8 slices per sheet winner has choice of %50 cash($12)or first place meat,and this time we have added a real nice smoked pork chop for first choice.mark jones

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I left Indiana in 1990 but prior to that I drove from Ft Wayne to Edwardsberg for many a shoot. Great club, great food and good beer. I never saw anyone out of line in any way. I only wish I were close enough to get there now. 2400 miles is a little to far. You wont fin d a better club that Edwardsberg or Niles ( Howard )

7. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

thanks cubancigar & matt, we have had a reputation because of a few past members,their not coming around any moore,ive been part of the club for the last 10 yrs , and have never seen any one out of line,on the line.not like the stories of the 60's&70's,and never will be,hope to see alot of shooters sunday,mark

8. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

hoping for good weather!!!! and enough shooters to cover the 550 lbs of meat i have on order,good thing i sit on the board,and have a bunch of allies sitting on the board.just think this month ill be ordering 600 lbs of turkey for nov's. shoot the board penny pinchers will be upset with my october expenses,o well they dont want to run the trap dept yet so im still safe.mark

9. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

10. fishguts

fishguts Member

Mr.Jones, I would like to buy Mr.Krizinski in the meat shoot...

Wayne

11. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

matt is not for sale,all though if you slip him some cash he mite win you a pack of steaks,now otis from the south bend club mite be for sale,how many kegs of budwiser will you buy from him???(he works for a bud dist.),mark

12. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

up one moore time,hope to see alot of shooters & some sunshine,mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.