1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Measuring LOP

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tomc66, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomc66

tomc66 Member

What is the correct method to measure LOP of my gun? How do I determine what the best LOP is for me? As you can tell,I am relatively new to the sport.

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Mount the gun and have another person measure the distance from the tip of your nose to your thumb. An inch of clearance is good, but some like it closer.
    The goal is to avoid banging your nose on your thumb during recoil. You can try differant pads by taping them on to see what works best, or slip shims under your current pad and tape them on for increased length.

3. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Length Of Pull (LOP) is the distance from the center of the trigger to the center of the recoil pad.

The best LOP for you depends on your form and/or body,neck,face shape. Mainly what is comfortable for you. General rule of thumb 1 to 2 inches space between your hand and nose when gun is mounted.

Jason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to measure lop

measure trap gun lop

measuring lop

what is the right lop for me